This is the Umbrella Project Page for South Dublin - Ireland
County South Dublin
- Irish: Áth Cliath Theas
- Administrative centre Tallaght
- Province Leinster
- People from County South Dublin are called -
- Motto Ag Seo Ár gCúram (Irish)
"This We Hold in Trust"
South Dublin is a county in Ireland. It is part of the Dublin Region and is also located in the province of Leinster. It is named after the county of Dublin. South Dublin County Council is the local authority for the county.
It is bounded by Dublin city (15 km to the north east), the River Liffey to the north separating it from Fingal, County Kildare to the west and its hills adjoin the mountains of County Wicklow to the south. To the West lies Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown
South Dublin is one of four local authorities whose remit collectively encompasses the geographic area of the county and city of Dublin.
Towns and Parishes
- St. Catherines
See County Dublin for Map covering the area.
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to South Dublin and Families Researched on Geni go to South Dublin - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about South Dublin visit Historic South Dublin link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with South Dublin
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have South Dublin connections please join the project and if you live in South Dublin and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your South Dublin born ancestors to this project or the People connected to South Dublin project. Rather add the earliest known person of a South Dublin family to the South Dublin' - Family Heads project. link to follow