(This portal is a sister project of the Portal español, the portal for Spanish speaking users)
Welcome to the Spanish International Portal. This project is for all Spanish and non-Spanish speaking users alike who are interested in Spanish genealogy. From here you can easily access different projects related to Spanish, participate in discussions and share information.
There are several curators on Geni that specialize in Spanish genealogy and are more than willing to help answer any question you might have.
- Victar - Spain and Puerto Rico
- Iván Noé Vásquez Alburez - Spain and Guatemala
- Philip J. Decker - Colonial Spanish America, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- Pablo Benítez Barreto - Uruguay and España
- Ben M. Angel - Chile
- Kenneth Kwame Welsh - Jamaica
- Gustavo D. Latorre - Uruguay and Argentina
Joining a project is a good way to begin your research. Although many are in Spanish, they still contain useful links to important persons and helpful resources. See Related Projects to the right for a complete list.
- FamilySearch.org - Search Results - Spain
- MedLands - Iberia
- Cyndi's List - Spain & the Basque Country / España y El País Vasco
- FamilySearch.org - Research Guidance: Spanish - Genealogical Word List