Famous People Connected to Sutherland
Image right - William Young Sellar (1825–1890)
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Sutherland, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
How to add a link is explained at - Working with Projects
- John Lennon (1940-1980), a frequent visitor to Durness, on which the song 'In My Life' was reputedly based
- Norman MacCaig (1910-1996) Edinburgh born poet, who visited, and wrote about, the region of Assynt, which he visited many times over a period of forty years.
- Patrick Sellar (1780-1851), lawyer and factor.
- Walter Carruthers Sellar (1898-1951), humourist who wrote for Punch, best known for the book 1066 and All That - born at Golspie in Sutherland
- William Young Sellar (1825–1890), classical scholar