The scope of this project is to create the family tree for the Counts d'Anjou, a French noble line with ties to English history.
Each member of the Angevin line has multiple profiles on Geni, often with variations of spelling and titles, which makes merging to create Master Profiles a difficult process. Many of these profiles have no sources listed for the information in the profile. In addition, marriages are created between people of different generations and children have the wrong parents.
We will work in the years 862 to 1151, from Ingelger to Henry II. When we have finished this project, there will be one Master Profile for each person, the facts will be verified using preferred sources, and the Overview tab will tell the reader something about the person in the profile. Each Count will have the correct wife or partner and the correct children.
The primary source document will be Medlands, which can be accessed from this link:http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ANJOU,%20MAINE.htm. Medlands is a website maintained by the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy (FMG), one of the most respected sites for Medieval research. Secondary sources will include Wikipedia, www.thepeerage.com, and scholarly articles.
To join the project: send a message to any curator working on this project.
The Counts of Anjou
- Ingeler c.870-899
- Fulk the Red 899-942
- Fulk II the Good 942-958
- Geoffrey I Greymantle 958-987
- Fulk III the Black 987-1040
- Geoffrey II Martel 1040-1060
- Geoffrey III the Bearded 1060-1068
- Fulk IV Rechin 1068-1109
- Geoffrey IV the Hammer 1098-1106
- Fulk V the Younger 1109-1129
- Geoffrey the Fair 1129-1151
Please remember: 'These are medieval French nobility. Please follow these guidelines when editing names.
- The prefixes da, de, d', la, le are parts of the last name, not middle names
- Women of this era rarely took their husband's names. Please do not change from birth names without proof.
- Do not put titles in the name or suffix fields. Use the display name field for this purpose. For example, a current monarch has the first name Elizabeth, middle name Alexandra, surname Windsor but her display name would be "Elizabeth II, Queen of England."
- You may use both French and English names for the profiles in this project. Put the English name/French name in the fields if they fit or put a note in the Overview showing the name in both languages.