Verano is a surname of Basque origin. as a word it means Summer in Spanish language, but as a family name in Basque language is "a habitational name from a town in Biscay province, Basque Country in Spain", and usually applies to the descendants of the Verano family, an old basque noble family originally from Biscay province in Basque Country. It's also connected to two important Italian cities, Camerino and Ferrara, The surname Verano has been found in Camerino from as early as the 13th-16th centuries, first with the title of Vicars of the Holy See. A bishop has even been cited from there in 1482. The Verano (surname) is distributed between Verano's family in some countries such Spain (The former Spanish colonies) in the Philippines where substantial numbers of Basques emigrated to, including United States, France, Italy, and Mexico.
This sub-project aims to organize genealogical data on the Verano Family of the Philippines. Profiles here are those of historical figures, scions of the gentry (de buena familia), revolutionary heroes, scholars, government officials, national athletes and other public personalities (celebrities) in various fields. Find more surnames at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After getting yourself added as a collaborator for the surname, select the profile of the prominent Filipino you wish to add.
- Navigate to the profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which your ancestor should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)