West Indies - Caribbean Region Master Project
What can you do here?
- Ask questions.
- Collaborate on your research.
- Share knowledge you have gained as you've done your own research in a specific area.
- Problem finding an ancestors , open a discussion here and we all try to help
- Start your own related project.
- Add your profiles.
- Start or take part in a discussion
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After getting yourself added as a collaborator for the surname, select the profile of the prominent West Indian you wish to add.
- Navigate to the profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which your ancestor should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)
- African-, Afro-Americans throughout the Americas / Black History - Master Project
- Albury Family of the Bahamas
- American Slaves
- Americas Immigration
- Ashanti Diaspora
- Barbados: Eminent Planters (1673)
- British West Indies Planters
- Chinese in the Caribbean
- Colonial Americas - Portal
- Families of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Families of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
- Famous Cricketers
- Free Colored Women in Barbados: 1780-1834
- Governors of Suriname
- Higgs Family of the Bahamas
- Indian Wars of the Caribbean
- Indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America -Portal
- Jamaica "Out Of Many, One People"
- Jamaica - Lost Traces
- Jamaica, West Indies, 1823 Census
- Jamaican Families in Hartford, Connecticut, 1940-Present
- Jamaican Volunteers in the First World War
- Jewish immigrants to the Caribbean
- Koninklijke West-Indische Maildienst 1883-1927
- Latina / Latino Entertainers of the Golden Age (US)
- Latino American entertainers
- Lebanese of Jamaica
- Maroons of Jamaica
- Migration, Emigration , Surnames, Ancient Planters, Project list
- Migrations: Emigration from Africa
- New Amsterdam - Origins: African Immigrants
- Notable Latinas of the Americas
- Notable West Indian Americans and Canadians
- Palmares Republic in Brazil
- Puerto Rico colonial
- Scots in the West Indies, 1707-1857
- Spanish American War
- Suriname and the Netherlands Antilles Portal
- The 1671 Bahamas Census
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- 100 Great Black Britons
3 Geography and climate
- A General Topography of North America and the West Indies. London: R. Sayer & T. Jefferys, 1768.
3.1 Island groups
3.2 Historical groupings
3.3 Modern day island territories
3.4 Continental countries with Caribbean coastlines and islands
5.1 Indigenous tribes
- Arawak (Taino)
- Carib (Calybe)
6.1.1 United States effects on regionalism
6.1.2 European Union effects on regionalism
7 Regional institutions
8.1 Favorite or national dishes
9 See also
11 Further reading
- The Blurred Racial Lines of Famous Families: Fairfax
- The Republic of Pirates: Being the True and Surprising Story of the Caribbean Pirates and the Man Who Brought Them Down by Colin Woodard.
- Thomas Walker d. 1722 The Bahamas
- Journal of a West India Proprietor: Kept during a Residence in the Island of Jamaica
- Reconstructing the Black Image by Gordon De la Mothe