This project aims to gather together the Geni profiles for all of the notable figures who have been featured on the genealogical television program Who Do You Think You Are? The program has been broadcast in dozens of countries and has many national versions, all of which are included in this project.
When you add a profile for someone featured on the program, please make sure they are listed and linked below by editing this page as necessary.
Style Notes: When you find a profile on Geni but don't have editing access, please link it here so another collaborator can add it. When you are able to add a profile yourself, please put the profile name in bold so people know it has already been added. Please also include a brief description of why the person is notable when adding them.
Wikipedia listing: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Do_You_Think_You_Are%3F_(Australian_TV_series)]
Series 1 (2008)
- Jack Thompson, an Australian actor.
- Kate Ceberano, an Australian singer-songwriter.
- Geoffrey Ronald Robertson, an Australian-born magistrate, human rights lawyer, academic, author and broadcaster.
- Cathy Freeman, a former Australian sprinter and Olympic champion.
- Dennis Cometti, a former Australian rules football player and coach, commentator.
- Ita Buttrose, an Australian journalist and businesswoman.
Series 2 (2009)
- Ron Barassi, Australian football player and coach.
- Sigrid Thornton, an Australian actress.
- Ben Mendelsohn, an Australian actor.
- Christine Anu, an Australian pop singer.
- Maggie Beer, an Australian chef, food entrepreneur.
- John Butler
Series 3 (2010/11)
- Magda Szubanski, an Australian actress, comedian, television presenter, radio host and author.
- Rod Marsh
- Tina Arena
- Shane Bourne, an Australian actor and stand-up comedian.
- Paul Mercurio, an Australian actor, dancer, and TV presenter.
- Georgie Parker
Series 4 (2012)
- Shaun Micallef (27 March)
- Kerry O'Brien (3 April)
- Melissa George (10 April)
- Vince Colosimo (17 April)
- John Wood (24 April)
- Michael O'Loughlin (1 May)
Series 5 (2013)
- Adam Hills (2 April)
- Asher Keddie (9 April)
- Don Hany (16 April)
- Michael Caton (23 April)
- Lex Marinos (30 April)
- Susie Porter (7 May)
- Rove McManus (14 May)
- John Howard (21 May)
Series 6 (2014)
- Andrew Denton
- Rebecca Gibney
- Jacki Weaver
- Richard Roxburgh, an actor from Australia who discovered he has roots in Trinidad and his family spent some time in Jamaica. He was disturbed to learn the extent of his families involvement as slave owners. (see also http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/westernnews/Roots-An-Aussie-actor-s-Jamaican-heritage_14581804).
- Amanda Keller
- Adam Goodes
- Lisa McCune
- Paul McDermott
- Shaun Majumder
- Margot Kidder
- Steven Page, Canadian musician, lead singer of Barenaked Ladies.
- Sonja Smits
- Chantal Kreviazuk, Canadian singer-songwriter.
- General Lewis Mackenzie
- Mary Walsh
- Randy Bachman
- Scott Thompson
- Don Cherry, Canadian professional hockey player, coach, and commentator.
- Measha Brueggergosman
- Margaret Trudeau
- Avi Lewis
Danish project: Ved du hvem du er?
- Peter Mygind, actor
- Alberte Winding, singer and actor
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, actor
- Anne Linnet, musician
- Puk Elgård, television host
- Anne Marie Helger, actor
Starts February 2012
French title: Retour aux Sources
- Vincent Pérez, actor
- Clémentine Célarié, actress and singer. Watch the episode
German title: Das Geheimnis meiner Familie
Israeli title: Mi Ata Hoshev She'ata
- Gabi Gozit (born Gabriel Greenstein)
- Tal Friedman
- Ohad Knoller
- Shifra Horn
- Michael Yanai
- Professor Yoram Yovel
Dutch title:Verborgen verleden
- Gerdi Verbeet Nederlands politica en bestuurder
- Maarten van Rossem Nederlands historicus
- Ronald Giphart Schrijver
- Janjaap van der Wal Nederlands stand-upcomedian, cabaretier en televisiepresentator.
- Aaf Brandt Corstius ,Nederlands schrijfster en columniste.
- Willeke Alberti Nederlandse actrice, zangeres
- Ruben Iskander Nicolai Nederlands cabaretier, televisiepresentator en zanger.
- Herman Pleij hoogleraar historische Nederlandse letterkunde
Norwegian project: Hvem tror du at du er?
There have been 3 seasons shown in Norway; the people featured in the first season were:
- Bjarne Brøndbo, singer for rock band D.D.E.
- Christian Ringnes, business and real estate magnate
- Benedicte Adrian, singer, artist
- Mari Maurstad, actor
- Unni Lindell, crime novelist
- Kåre Willoch, politician
- Petter Schjerven, television host
- Kristin Krohn Devold, politician
Polish title: Sekrety rodzinne
Portuguese title: Quem É Que Tu Pensas Que És?
- Zé Pedro, musician
- Maria do Céu Guerra, actress
- Herman José, comedian. Watch the episode
- Maria João Abreu, actress. Watch the episode
- Camané, Fado singer
- Elisabete Jacinto, race driver
- José Rodrigues dos Santos, writer and journalist.
- valter hugo mãe, writer. Watch the episode
Russian title: Moya Rodoslovnaya
- Dion Chang, corporate trend analyst and design consultant
- Riaan Cruywagen, news broadcaster - episode preview
- Patricia Glyn, broadcaster and adventurer
- Vusi Mahlasela, singer-songwriter, Musician
- Dawn Matthews, actress
- Meshack Mavuso, actor
- Candice Moodley, television presenter, voice over artist and actress
- Nthati Moshesh, actress
- Colin Moss, actor
- Kurt Schoonraad, comedian and actor
- Jonathan Shapiro (aka Zapiro), political cartoonist
- HHP Jabulani Tsambo, hip-hop artist
Swedish title: Vem tror du att du är?
- Helena Bergström
- Thomas Bodström
- Malin Berghagen
- Suzanne Osten
- Magnus Härenstam
- Charlotte Perrelli
- Claes Malmberg
- Pia Johansson
- Dogge Doggelito
- Lotta Ramel
- Ulf Adelsohn
- Lotta Engberg
- Ernst Billgren
- Tina Nordström
- Liza Marklund
- Christer Sjögren
- Thorsten Flinck
- Rikard Wolff
- Suzanne Reuter
- Caroline af Ugglas
- Måns Herngren
- Lena Endre
Participants with bold links are connected to trees on GENi.
- "Bill" William Edgar Oddie, English author, comedian, naturalist and TV personality.
- Amanda Redman, English actress
- Sue Johnston, English actress
- Jeremy Clarkson, English motoring journalist and broadcaster.
- Ian Hislop, English writer and broadcaster.
- Moira Stuart, newsreader
- David Baddiel, comedian, often paired with Frank Skinner
- Lesley Garrett, opera singer
- Meera Syal, comedienne and author
- Vic Reeves, English Comedian, often paired with Bob Mortimer
- Jeremy Paxman, English presenter, often associated with current affairs
- Sheila Hancock, English actress and author.
- Stephen Fry, English comedian and author.
- Julian Clary, English comedian and novelist.
- Jane Horrocks, English actress
- Gurinder Chadha, film director
- Barbara Windsor, English actress.
- Robert Lindsay, English actor.
- Colin Jackson, 110m hurdler
- David Tennant, Scottish actor.
- David Dickinson, English television presenter of antiques shows.
- Nigella Lawson, English food writer and television personality.
- Jeremy Irons, English actor.
- Julia Sawalha, English actress.
- Natasha Kaplinsky, newsreader
- John Hurt, English actor
- Griff Rhys Jones, Welsh comedian, writer, and presenter.
- Carol Vorderman, co-presenter and promoter of mathematics
- Alistair McGowan, English impressionist, stand-up comic, actor, singer, and writer.
- Graham Norton, Irish actor, comedian, television presenter and columnist.
- Sir Matthew Pinsent, English Olympian rower and TV presenter.
- Patsy Kensit, English actress, singer and former child star.
- Boris Johnson, British Conservative politician and journalist.
- Jerry Springer, British-born American television presenter.
- Esther Rantzen, English Television presenter & charity worker.
- Ainsley Harriott, English celebrity chef and TV presenter.
- David Suchet, English actor. Watch the episode.
- Jodie Kidd, English television personality and fashion model.
- Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, English lifestyle consultant.
- Rory Bremner, English impressionist and comedian. Private tree on GENi
- Fiona Bruce, English newsreader.
- Rick Stein, English celebrity chef.
- Zoë Wanamaker, English actress.
- Kevin Whately, English actor.
- Davina McCall, English television presenter and actress.
- Chris Moyles, English radio personality.
- Kate Humble, English television presenter.
- David Mitchell, English comedian.
- Kim Cattrall, English actress.
- Martin Freeman, English actor.
- Bruce Forsyth, English TV personality.
- Rupert Everett, English actor.
- Dervla Kirwan, Irish actress.
- Monty Don British television presenter, writer, and speaker on horticulture
- Rupert Penry-Jones, English actor.
- Alexander Armstrong , English comedian.
- Jason Donovan, Australian singer and actor.
- Hugh Quarshie , English actor.
- Alan Cumming, Scottish stage, television and film actor.
- June Brown, English actress.
- J. K. Rowling, English novelist.
- Sebastian Coe, English athlete and politician
- Larry Lamb, English actor
- Emilia Fox, English actress
- Alan Carr, English comedian and television personality
- Len Goodman, an English professional ballroom dancer, dance judge and coach.
- Richard Madeley, British television presenter and columnist.
- Robin Gibb, British singer and songwriter
- Tracey Emin, English-Turkish artist
- Samantha Womack (15 August)
- Gregg Wallace (22 August)
- Patrick Stewart, legendary British actor
- Annie Lennox (5 September)
- Hugh Dennis (12 September) 
- Alex Kingston English Actress - ER
- William Roache English Actor
- Celia Imrie English Actress
- John Bishop Actor
- John Barnes Footballer
- Una Stubbs (24 July 2013) (born 1937) is an English actress and former dancer who has appeared extensively on British television and in the theatre, and less frequently in films. Her first major screen role was in Cliff Richard's 1963 film, Summer Holiday. She also appeared in Richard's next film, Wonderful Life (1964).
- Nigel Havers (1951) is an English actor. He played Lord Andrew Lindsay in the 1981 British film Chariots of Fire, earning a Bafta nomination for the role.
- Amelia Fiona "Minnie" Driver (1970) is a British actress and singer-songwriter. She was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the film Good Will Hunting, and an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe for her work in the television series The Riches. (7th August 2013)
- Lesley Sharp (born i1964) is an English stage, film and television actress, particularly well known for her variety of British television roles including Clocking Off, Bob & Rose and afterlife. (14 August 2013)
- Gary Winston Lineker OBE (born 30 November 1960) is an English former footballer, who played as a striker. After retiring, he became a sports broadcaster and has worked for the BBC, Al Jazeera Sports and Eredivisie Live.
- Nicholas Radbourn Hewer (born 17 February 1944) is a British former public relations consultant turned television personality and TV Presenter, who lives in Northamptonshire, England. He is probably best known for his role as Lord Sugar's advisor on the UK version of the BBC television show The Apprentice, and as the host of Channel 4's long-running gameshow Countdown.
- Nitin Ganatra (born 1967) is a Kenyan born British actor. He is known internationally as Prince Pondicherry in the Tim Burton film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Sarah Millican neé King (1975) is an English stand-up comedienne and writer who won the if.comedy award for Best Newcomer at the 2008 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. In February 2013 she was assessed as one of the 100 most powerful women in the United Kingdom.
- Marianne Faithfull (1946) is an English singer, songwriter and actress whose career has spanned five decades.
- John Simpson CBE (1944) is an English foreign correspondent. He is world affairs editor of BBC News. He has spent all his working life at the BBC. He has reported from more than 120 countries, including thirty war zones, and has interviewed many world leaders.
- Julie Walters - Actress
- Brian Blessed private Profile Actor
- Tamzin Outhwaite - Actress
- Brendan O'Carroll - TV writer - concentrated on connection to tenant protests - very little genealogy involved but interesting non-the-less.
- Sheridan Smith - Actress
- Mary Berry Food Writer
- Martin Shaw - Actor
- Reggie Yates - Actor and Presenter
- Billy Connolly Comedian
- Twiggy (Lesley Hornby) Model, Actor, singer
- Paul Hollywood, Great British Bake Off judge . TV
- Sir Derek Jacobi, Actor
- Mark Gatiss, actor, comedian, screenwriter and novelist.
- Jerry Hall, model, former wife of Mick Jagger, of English, Irish, Dutch and some Cherokee Native American descent
- Anne Reid MBE, Actress
- Jane Seymour Actress
- Frances de la Tour, stage and television actress
- Gareth Malone, Choir Master
- Frank Gardner, BBC news reporter
- Anita Rani, TV presenter
- Sarah Jessica Parker, actor
- Emmitt Smith, football player
- Lisa Kudrow, actor, producer, director
- Matthew Broderick, actor
- Brooke Shields, actor, author, activist, model
- Susan Sarandon, actor, activist
- Spike Lee, film director, activist
- Vanessa L. Williams, actor, singer, model, former Miss America
- Tim McGraw, country music singer, actor
- Rosie O'Donnell, actor, television host, activist
- Kim Cattrall, actor
- Lionel Richie, singer
- Steve Buscemi, actor
- Gwyneth Paltrow, actor, singer, lifestyle commentator
- Ashley Judd, actor, activist
- Martin Sheen, actor and activist
- Marisa Tomei, actor
- Blair Underwood, actor
- Reba McEntire, singer and actor
- Jerome Bettis, American football player.
- Helen Hunt, actor
- Rita Wilson, actor
- Edie Falco, actor
- Rob Lowe, actor
- Rashida Jones, actor
- Jason Sudeikis, actor and comedian
- Paula Deen, celebrity chef and writer
- Kelly Clarkson, singer and actor
- Christina Applegate, actor and activist
- Chelsea Handler, comedian and talk show host
- Zooey Deschanel, actor, musician, and singer-songwriter
- Chris O'Donnell, actor
- Cindy Crawford, model, actor, and spokesperson
- Trisha Yearwood, musician and singer-songwriter
- Jim Parsons, actor
- Cynthia Nixon, actress
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, actor
- Rachel McAdams, actress along with her sister Kayleen McAdams
- Valerie Bertinelli, actress
- Kelsey Grammer, actor
- Amelia Fiona "Minnie" Driver, British actress and singer-songwriter.
- Julie Chen, presenter, news anchor, producer and talk show host
- Josh Groban, singer, songwriter, actor and producer
- Angie Harmon, actress and model
- Sean Hayes, actor, comedian
- Tony Goldwyn, actor and director
- America Ferrera, actress
- Bill Paxton, actor and film director
- Melissa Etheridge, singer-songwriter, musician and activist.
Season Seven (premieres July 2015)
- Tom Bergeron, television personality
- Bryan Cranston, actor, writer, director
- Ginnifer Goodwin, actor and model
- Alfre Woodard, actor
- J.K. Rowling, internationally bestselling author most known for the Harry Potter series