People Connected to Worcestershire
People connected to Worcestershire can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Worcestershire which covers the History of Worcestershire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Families with their roots in Worcestershire .
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Worcestershire Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Worcestershire birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Worcestershire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Worcestershire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Worcestershire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
Worcestershire Genealogical Resources
- The Visitation of the county of Worcester made in the year 1569 : with other pedigrees relating to that county from Richard Mundy's collection
Worcestershire Families on Geni
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- John Binns (1796-c.1878)
- John Gardiner (1650-1729)
- Roger Thromwin (b abt 1290 - ) of Stanford
- Urse d'Abitot (abt 1040-aft 1108) first lord of Washbourne
- John Washbourne (b abt 1500-1548) settled in Bengeworth
Emigrants from Worcestershire
Worcestershire who settled in the "New World"