This is the Umbrella Project Page for Gloucestershire England.
- Administrative centre Gloucester
- County Flower - Wild Daffodil
- People from Gloucestershire are called - Gloucesterian or Gloucesterish
- Famous for:
- Double Gloucester cheese
- Gloucestershire Old Spot Pig
- Annual "cheese-rolling" event takes place at Cooper's Hill
- Places of Interest
- Berkeley Castle
- Gloucester Cathedral
- Sudeley Castle, burial place of Queen Catherine Parr, 6th wife and consort of King Henry VIII.
- Tewkesbury Abbey
- Woodchester Mansion
Gloucestershire (abbreviated Glos.) is a county in South West England
Gloucestershire borders Gwent in Wales (now Monmouthshire), and in England counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Bristol and Somerset. Ceremonially, it includes the area covered by the South Gloucestershire unitary authority.
- Forest of Dean
- South Gloucestershire (Unitary)
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Gloucestershire and Families Researched on Geni go to Gloucestershire - Family Heads
For Historical information about Gloucestershire visit Historical Gloucestershire - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with Gloucestershire.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
- C. June Barnes Curator
If you have Gloucestershire connections please join the project and if you live in Gloucestershire and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your Gloucestershire born ancestors to this project or the People connected to Gloucestershire project. Rather add the earliest known person of a Gloucestershire family to the Gloucestershire - Family Heads project.
from The Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers 1984.
See http://www.geni.com/photo/view/4560155096930045739?photo_id=6000000019091844001 - open full view.