People Connected to Huntingdonshire
People connected to Huntingdonshire can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Huntingdonshire which covers the History of Huntingdonshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Families with their roots in Huntingdonshire.
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Huntingdonshire Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Huntingdonshire birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Huntingdonshire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
Information regarding processed cemeteries
People from Huntingdonshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Huntingdonshire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
Huntingdonshire Genealogical Resources
- Genuki Huntingdonshire Page
- Huntingdonshire Family History Society
- Huntingdon CRO Guide
- The visitation of the county of Huntingdon, under the authority of William Camden, Clareneaux king of arms, by his deputy, Nicholas Charles, Lancaster herald, A. D. MDCXIII
Huntingdonshire Families on Geni
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Richard Dunkley died 1767 in Ellington
Emigrants from Huntingdonshire
Please add the names of people from Huntingdonshire who settled in the "New World"
- James Putterill arrived in SA 2 11 1849