Famous People Connected to Bedfordshire
(Image right - John Bunyan
Please add information about people of renown connected to Bedfordshire, England. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Harold Maurice Abrahams, CBE, (15 December 1899 – 14 January 1978) was a British athlete of Jewish origin. He was Olympic champion in 1924 in the 100 metres sprint, a feat depicted in the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire.
- Margaret Beaufort Countess of Richmond and Derby (31 May 1443 or 1441 – 29 June 1509) -the mother of King Henry VII and paternal grandmother of King Henry VIII of England.
- John Bunyan (Harrowden, near Bedford, 28 November 1628 – London, 31 August 1688) was an English tinker, preacher and writer. He wrote The Pilgrim's Progress
- Sir William Harpur, philanthropist
- John Winston Howard (born 26 July 1939) was the 25th Prime Minister of Australia
- John Le Mesurier, actor and comedian
- Sir Joseph Paxton (3 August 1803 – 8 June 1865) was an English gardener, architect and Member of Parliament, best known for designing The Crystal Palace.
- Charles Wells born in Bedford in 1842; founder of Charles Wells Brewery, a company which is still in the town