Famous People Connected to Huntingdonshire
Image right - Samuel Pepys
Please add information about people of renown connected to Huntingdonshire, England. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Lucy M. Boston (1892–1990) English children's writer, lived in Huntingdonshire from 1937 until her death, and set the Green Knowe series there.
- Lancelot Capability Brown, (1716-1783) landscape gardener lived in Fenstanton and his grave is in the churchyard.
- Oliver Cromwell, (1599-1658) Lord Protector of England, was born and educated in Huntingdon.
- Peter Foxhall (1941- ), Australian clergyman, evangelist and author, was born in St Neots
- Sir John Major, KG, CH, PC, ACIB (born 29 March 1943) is a British Conservative politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1990 to 1997. Member of Parliament for Huntingdon 1979-1983 (Now Cambridgeshire)
- Samuel Pepys (1633-1703) seventeenth-century MP and diarist
- Henry Royce, born in Huntingdonshire and famed as the originator of Rolls Royce cars
- Dick Turpin, the legendary highwayman. It is believed he stayed at The George Hotel in Huntingdon when he "worked" the Great North Road