People Connected to Nottinghamshire
People connected to Nottinghamshire can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Nottinghamshire which covers the History of Nottinghamshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Families with their roots in Nottinghamshire.
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Nottinghamshire Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Northumberland birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Nottinghamshire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Nottinghamshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Northumberland families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
Nottinghamshire Genealogical Resources
- Genuki Nottinghamshire Page
- Nottinghamshire Family History Society
- Nottinghamshire IGI Batch Numbers
- The visitations of the county of Nottingham in the years 1569 and 1614, with many other descents of the same county.
Nottinghamshire Families on Geni
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
Emigrants from Nottinghamshire
Please add the names of people from Northumberland who settled in the "New World"
- Arthur Warren, immigrated to America about 1635 and is known to have settled in Weymouth, Massachusetts Bay Colony before 1638
- John Bradfield 1820 Settler