(Belated) Monday Recap for the Week of Nov. 15-22, 2010
Note: We’re a day late with this week’s recap due to some wi-fi issues at the coffee shop, but amidst those issues I met my first Geni users out in the wild! Thanks to the two sweet ladies who stopped by my table and told me how much they like the service. I’ll make sure I have some goodies to give out next time I meet any of you. -George
The Genealogy Sphere
- Ancestry.com’s Growth May Attract a Suitor (TheStreet) – While Ancestry and Google may be a good fit, the suggestion that Facebook would be interested is contrary to anything that their CEO discussed last week at Web 2.0. A purchase on Google’s part would be interesting. Would the search giant make all of Ancestry’s data free?
- Atlanta Family History Expo Bloggers’ Recap (Family History Expos) – Links links links! If you couldn’t make the expo, this is an exhaustive recap.
- When is a standard not a standard? When it’s GEDCOM? (Genealogy’s Star) – Some interesting takes on data formats and whether they’ll be adopted.
- NARA blogs worth following (DearMYRTLE) – A great list of blogs published by members of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Gifts for genealogy buffs (Atlanta Journal Constitution) – Some great gift ideas for the genealogists in your family.
- Researching your ancestors easier with new technology, resources (Kansas City Star) – More on genealogy and DNA.
- Ask a Curator – Nov. 19th, 2010 – The Curators ride the Thanksgiving theme and share some recipes and stories.
- Easier Project Creation and Related Projects – More improvements to projects. At this point, about 600 projects have been created. Keep up the great work!
- Make Your Own Recipe Book – Tips for making your own recipe book to share with your loved ones.
- Interview with Amy Coffin – Great interview with professional genealogist Amy Coffin.
- Family Tree Tuesday – Lady Lucy Christiana Duff-Gordon – Interesting tidbits about a Titanic survivor.
- Geni at Spotlight: LA Tech – Thanks again to TechZulu for giving us a few minutes on stage last week. The crowd and response was great!
- Monday Recap for the Week of Nov. 8-14, 2010 – Last week’s recap.
Last Week’s Highlighted Profiles
- Prince William & Catherine Middleton
- George Armstrong Custer
- Sitting Bull
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Elvis Presley
If you are interested in sharing links with us for our Monday Recap’s, please feel free to contribute by creating a new discussion in the Geni Blog project. Just paste the link to the article and why you think it’s valuable to the community.