Genealogy New Year’s Resolutions
It’s the start of a New Year! Now is the best time to set your genealogy goals for 2017.
Check out a few New Year’s resolution ideas to get you started in 2017:
- Take a DNA test and add your test results to your family tree on Geni
- Finally break through that troublesome brick wall in your family tree
- Visit the graves of your ancestors and take photos of their tombstones to add to their profiles
- Order that microfilm that you’ve been meaning to do
- Make a trip to the local archives to do some hands-on research
- Share your genealogy findings more often with your relatives and get them to join in the search
- Attend at least one genealogy conference
- Connect with new and distant relatives
- Scan and organize all your photos and documents and upload them to Geni
- Do more family interviews, especially with your older relatives
- Expand your interests and collaborate on some of the unique genealogy projects on Geni
- Take a genealogy trip to visit some place significant to your family history
What are your genealogy New Year’s resolutions? Share them with us in the comments below!