Meet the Geni Team at RootsTech 2013
Unlike any other conference, RootsTech provides you with the unique opportunity to connect with industry experts and discover the latest tools and techniques for researching your family history. From genealogists to developers, RootsTech offers hands-on workshops, presentations and more for all skill levels.
This year we’re especially excited because it will be the first time Geni will be attending as a part of the MyHeritage family! Find us at booth 325 with the entire team. We love meeting Geni users, so be sure to stop by, say hi and pick up a free “Who’s Your Daddy?” Geni t-shirt.
Here’s a list of all MyHeritage and Geni team members who will be speaking throughout the conference:
Thursday, March 21
- Noah Tutak of Geni.com will discuss the benefits of collaborative genealogy, with “Online Collaboration: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” at 11am in Room 255F.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will give an introduction to MyHeritage, with his talk on “MyHeritage Treasure Trove: An overview of all products and features for genealogists on MyHeritage” at 1.45pm in Room 255A.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will be on a “Future of Genealogy” panel at 11am in Hall 1.
Friday, March 22
- Justin Balthrop, CTO of Geni.com, will teach basics of Clojure programming language to in “Building Genealogy Apps using Clojure and Functional Programming,” at 1.45pm in Room 257A.
- Michael Berkovich, MyHeritage Software Architect (USA), will discuss building iOS mobile applications for genealogy in his workshop “Family tree in your pocket – how to build an iPhone app using Geni API,” at 4.15pm in room 257A.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will give a talk on “Crowdsourcing: When the power of many benefits all,” at 4.15pm in Room 258.
Saturday, March 23
- MyHeritage Founder and CEO Gilad Japhet will give the keynote speech at 8.30am in Hall 1, with David Pogue, weekly personal-technology columnist for The New York Times and a monthly columnist for Scientific America
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will present “Meet your Match: How MyHeritage SmartMatches and Record Matches can help you overcome brick walls,” at 11am in Room 255A.
- Mark Olsen, Business Development Manager at MyHeritage USA and WorldVitalRecords will speak on “SuperSearch: How to find your missing ancestors on the MyHeritage search engine,” at 1.45pm.
For more information on the sessions, click here.
We can’t wait to meet everyone, so be sure to come by and if you’re a Geni user, pick up your Geni gear. If you can’t make it to the conference, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for the latest updates and photos. Follow the #RootsTech hashtag on Twitter for updates from other attendees too. See you there!