Monday Recap December 12, 2011
Here’s a recap of some interesting articles in the world of genealogy from last week.
The Genealogy Sphere
- The Good News About Taxes: Finding and Using Tax Records in your Genealogy Research (Archives.com) – Tips on using tax records in your genealogy research
- Monday Memories: Create a heritage cookbook! (Examiner.com) – Create a heritage cookbook to share your knowledge of family history
- Distribution of land after death creates wealth of documents (Citizen-Times.com) – Using land records in genealogy
- To be or not to be: Custer cousin is the question (Bluff County Reader) – Chasing down the Custer surname
- Storage unit holds family secrets (Telegram.com) – A treasure trove of genealogical information is found in an abandoned storage unit in Florida
- Leading children to genealogy (Petoskeynews.com) – Ways to introduce children to genealogy
- Oregon Gravestone sleuth who ‘loves a mystery’ finds home for misplaced marker (The Republic) – A woman uses her genealogy research skills to find the home of a misplaced gravestone
- Monday Recap for December 5, 2011 – Check out links from last week’s recap
- St. Nicholas Day – Some history about St. Nicholas Day
- Remembering Pearl Harbor – The U.S. remembers those who died at Pearl Harbor on the 70th anniversary of the attack
- Look Who’s Related: Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman – Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman are related! Learn more about their common ancestor Parley P. Pratt.