Monday Recap for August 6, 2012
Here’s our recap of some great genealogy articles from the past week!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Beware of Colloquialisms (Mocavo blog) – Good advice about being mindful of colloquial location names
- Obama Slave-Ancestry Report Misses Mark (The Root) – Two scholars take issue with the recent findings about Obama’s ancestry
- Is there an Olympian in your Family Tree? (Nutfield Genealogy blog) – Heather Rojo shares her family connection to an Olympian
- 101 Best Genealogy Websites for 2012 (Family Tree Magazine) – Geni was named one of the 101 best genealogy websites for 2012!
- What is Your Food Family History? Here’s How to Find Out (Genealogy Gems) – Watch Lisa Louise Cooke interview Gena Philiber Ortega, author of From the Family Kitchen: Discover Your Food Heritage and Preserve Favorite Recipes
- Monday Recap for July 30, 2012 – Last week’s recap
- Family Tree Tuesday – Jordana Brewster – Did you know Dallas actress Jordana Brewster is a direct descendant of Mayflower passenger William Brewster?
- DNA Testing for Genealogy – Getting Started, Part Three – Part 3 of CeCe Moore’s DNA Testing for Genealogy series is a must read for people who want to understand more about autosomal DNA testing in genealogy
- Today’s Release: Approving Merges and Project Tags – Read about our recent enhancements and fixes on Geni