Monday Recap for December 10, 2012
Have you read any interesting genealogy articles recently? Check out a few we’ve found below!
The Genealogy Sphere
- The importance of online family trees often lies in their uncertainty (The Guardian) – Using online family trees to preserve the memories of your relatives
- The Genealogy Icebreaker (BayToday.ca) – Breaking the ice – talking to others about their family history
- James Wesley Blacketer’s Story Continues…(Your Family Story blog) – Caroline Pointer shares the stories of her grandfather
- Finding Your Family History Voice (The Armchair Genealogist blog) – Tips on how to find your family history voice
- Geography – What does it tell you about your family? (Genealogy – North East Ohio blog) – Tips on looking at your ancestors’ geographic surroundings
- Unusual Family Names? How about Acturus or Zeruzia? (Jodee Inscho Research blog) – Do you have unusual family names in your family tree?
- A Fancy Wedding, and a Family Myth Perpetuated (Nufield Genealogy blog) – Interesting story about the perpetuation of a family myth
- Monday Recap for December 3, 2012 – Last week’s recap
- Our Family is Growing! – We’re glad the community is just as excited as we are for joining the MyHeritage family. Check out some amazing stats and great user reactions.
- Geni’s World Family Tree Hits 66 Million Profiles! – We did it! The World Family Tree now has over 66 million people connected!