Monday Recap for December 31, 2012
We hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday! Here’s our last recap for 2012. We’re looking forward to more genealogy fun in 2013!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Should Genealogist Spill Family Secrets? (Past-Present-Future) – Smadar Belkind Gerson asks whether genealogists should reveal family secrets. What do you think?
- Ireland XO uses ‘reverse genealogy’ to link descendants to the Emerald Isle (Ottawa Citizen) – A new genealogy project aims to link people with Irish backgrounds with their Irish origins
- 5 places: explore ancestry, genealogy (SF Gate) – Looking for resources for your ancestors out West? Read SF Gate’s list of places check out.
- Flow Charts (The Brick Wall Protocol blog) – Use flow charts to help organize and sort through clusters of names and documents
- Those Old Employers (Genealogy Tip of the Day) – Tip on how to learn more about your ancestors’ old employers
- I Really Hate Genealogy Snobs! (The Huffington Post) – Scott Phillips shares his views on genealogy snobs. What’s your take?
- Monday Recap for December 17, 2012 - Check out our previous genealogy recap
- Curator Meet Up at MyHeritage! – Thank you to MyHeritage for hosting a Geni Curator meet up in Israel!
- World War II Ration Books - Did your family receive ration books during World War II? What discoveries have you made?