Monday Recap for March 10, 2014
Suffering from the Monday blues? Check out these articles for a quick family history pick-me-up to perk up your Monday!
Image: 11 Jobs That No Longer Exist Today / 9gag.com)
The Genealogy Sphere
- 11 Jobs That No Longer Exist Today (9gag.com) – Did your ancestors work jobs that no longer exist today?
- War Widow Finds Answers After Years (FaithIt.com) – A war widow discovers the truth about her missing husband after searching for 68 years
- 20 Rare Historic Photos (Viralnova.com) – Check out these amazing photos from history
- First person: Desperate to trace her roots, Sarah Ivens found the answer were in her DNA (DailyMail UK) -A journalist desperate to learn where she came from turns to DNA testing to find her answers
- The Historian Who Unearthed “Twelve Years a Slave” (The New Yorker) – The story behind the woman who worked to keep Solomon Northup’s legacy alive
- Oscar Night 2014: Who’s Related? - Ellen DeGeneres’ Oscar selfie turns out to be more of a family photo! Check out how some of the night’s big nominees are related!
- Patents: The Hula Hoop – Did you play with a hula hoop as a child? Check out the patent for the childhood classic toy