Monday Recap for May 7, 2012
Happy Monday! NGS 2012 Family History Conference begins this week. Will you be there? Here are some great genealogy articles to check out before you go!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Tips to Get Ready for a Genealogy Conference (Family Tree Magazine Blog) – Family Tree Magazine provides some great tips on how to prepare for a genealogy conference
- But How Can I Choose? Tips for Picking Conference Lectures (A Sense of Family blog) – Great tips on how to pick the right conference lecture for you
- We paid in blood (The Legal Genealogist) – Genealogists Judy Russell discovers a surprising connection to Rob Lowe’s American Revolutionary War ancestor
- Names are Not Incidental: Researching the Names of Enslaved People (Andilit.com) – Andi ponders the thought behind the names of enslaved people
- Ancient map gives clue to fate of ‘Lost Colony’ (The Telegraph) – An ancient map may provide clues about the settlers who disappeared from Roanoke Island in the late 16th century
- African Ancestry, Changing the Realism of Reality TV (Afro.com) – DNA testing and the rise of the interest in African ancestry
- Monday Recap for April 30, 2012 – Last week’s recap
- Family Tree Tuesday – Edgar Allan Poe – Learn more about Edgar Allan Poe’s family tree!
- Come See Geni at the NGS 2012 Family History Conference – Geni will be at NGS 2012, will you be there?
- Look Who’s Related: Joss Whedon and Johnny Depp – See how Joss Whedon is related to Johnny Depp, Eliza Dushku, Tom Hanks and Sigourney Weaver