Monday Recap for the Week of Nov. 22-29, 2010
We hope the long weekend gave many of you some extra time to get some rest and enjoy your families. And hopefully you were able to spend some time on your family trees, too! In case you weren’t near a computer much last week, here is a recap of everything happening in the genealogy world.
The Genealogy Sphere
- Not enough people document their lives, archivist says (Grand Forks Herald) – A plea for more people to begin documenting their lives for future generations.
- JFK archives going digital (WHDH) – After four years of hard work and millions of dollars in investments, the John F Kennedy presidential archives will be released in digital form in January.
- DNA Used to Trace Family Trees (Fox Dallas-Fort Worth) – An interesting story of DNA evidence to help research family history. It’s interesting to note that the article suggests that genealogy is now the second largest hobby in America!
- DNA Testing Buddies (Luxegen Genealogy and Family History) – A group of bloggers begin to document their experiences with DNS research using 23andme.
- Writing Tips for Genealogy Bloggers (Geneabloggers) – Great, simple advice for creating genealogy-related blog posts.
- Delaware descendants tell story of Thanksgiving’s Pilgrims (Delaware Online) – Great story about the Mayflower Descendants and some of their traditions.
- Why Turkey? (Family Tree Magazine) – Interesting read on how Turkey became the centerpiece of Thanksgiving feasts.
- It Was A Geek-Girl’s Dream Come True (The Educated Genealogist) – Sheri Fenley’s illustrated tour of the NARA facility in San Bruno, California. This article has some good genealogy tips and some cool photos of her tour.
- Gifts for genealogy enthusiast (Syracuse.com) – As the holiday season heats up, some more gift ideas for genealogists.
- Interview with Daniel Walton – Q&A with one of Geni’s curators.
- Projects 2.0 – We announce the release of our next version of Projects.
- Family Tree Tuesday – Richard Gere – Actor Richard Gere is highlighted as a member of the Mayflower Pilgrims line.
- Monday Recap for the Week of Nov. 15-22, 2010 - Last week’s recap.
Last Week’s Highlighted Profiles
If you are interested in sharing links with us for our Monday Recap’s, please feel free to contribute by creating a new discussion in the Geni Blog project. Just paste the link to the article and why you think it’s valuable to the community.