New Features – Group Messaging and More
Now you can send a message to groups of your family and friends on Geni. You can add your own custom groups to these predefined groups we have created for you:
- My Immediate Family – Your current spouse or partner and your parents, siblings, and children
- My Family – Your third cousins and closer and their current partners and your current partner’s second cousins and closer and their current partners
- My Friends – All of your Family Friends
- Immediate Family of… – The person you select and their parents, siblings, and children
- Descendants of… – The person you select and their direct descendants
Messaging users outside your tree
We’ve added the ability to send messages to users outside of your tree. This feature is a great way to collaborate with other Geni users who share your research interests and to connect with potential family members. Look for ‘Send Message’ links on search results outside your tree.
If you would like users outside of your tree to have the ability to send you a message, make sure you have checked the ‘"Send Message to Me" button’ checkboxes in the ‘Search Privacy’ section on your settings page.