Upgrades to Video Uploading on Geni
Video uploading has been improved! We have updated the Windows browser plug-ins that power Geni's video uploading feature. Users of Internet Explorer, Firefox and other Windows browsers should experience far fewer issues getting their videos encoded and uploaded to Geni.
Mac users will still be able to upload videos through Safari on any version of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. We are still waiting for updated Mac plug-ins that will support Firefox as well as Snow Leopard Users.
Thanks for your patience while we made these improvements. For more information on uploading videos to share with your family on Geni, please check out the Videos page on the Geni wiki. There, you'll find out about these video features:
- Free, unlimited video sharing
- Installing the video plug-in for your browser
- Tagging family and friends in videos
- Recording and sharing live videos through your computer's webcam
- Sharing videos from an attached DV camera (Windows users only)