Call for Helpers on the SA tree

Начала Sharon Doubell Воскресенье, 13 Ноября 2011

Участники:

Проекты:

Показаны сообщения с 1 по 30 из 50.
13/11/2011 в 11:40 после полудня

An idea! We’d like to list all the people who work on the SA Geni tree WHO ARE PREPARED TO OFFER HELP IN THEIR AREAS OF SPECIALITY ON THE SA TREE on the Welcome SAs Site:
http://www.geni.com/projects/South-Africans-Geni-Landing-Site-WELKO...

So, if you’re interested in participating, please just either:
*send us a note;
*or add your name to this discussion;
*or, get BRAVE and add your name directly to the page itself.

Include the languages you speak in CAPITALS, and those you can converse in, in small letters. Also include BRIEFLY the area/s of the SA tree you work in.

(PS And if you’re thinking about looking at getting a feel for what curatorship might involve – this is a good way to do it too).

Mauritz
14/11/2011 в 1:32 до полудня

Hi Sharon. Maybe you want to head over to SV/PROG. You have clearly indicated that you are not interested in collaboration nor for me to following my speciality area of interest in Geni? My genealogy. Strangely though you are still a collaborator over there. Why ask again for my help here? Particularly as the inevitable result will be that you will choose to unfollow any conversation that we have about just about anything.. So until you decide to consider me in the same regard as you do other users and apologise for calling me suicidal, alcoholic and a racist all behind my back and stop your continuous lying and breaking of confidentiality, please go your own way and leave me to go mine?!

14/11/2011 в 4:10 до полудня

Hi there, I don't know how much I can help,but I am willing to give my input in the areas I am working on. They are: Botha, Van der Walt, Raubenheimer and Venter. Put My name on the list.

Have a good day all

14/11/2011 в 8:07 до полудня

Okay, I've begun to add in the volunteers from both discussion threads to the page - please take a look and see what you think:

http://www.geni.com/projects/South-Africans-Geni-Landing-Site-WELKO...

Private User
14/11/2011 в 11:49 до полудня

Hi willing to help in whatever way I can ....

Private User
15/11/2011 в 12:43 до полудня

I will gladly help but Sharon you know me. It must be correct and sourced. If you still want me after that I it will be a pleasure. The other one I can add is Wynand du Plessis.
Juds

15/11/2011 в 1:14 до полудня

I don't think that the correctness and sources is in question Judi - I know that we support that 100% - your help always welcome Judi! I will add Wynand André du Plessis to the list - maybe you can tell us how you are happy to help Wynand?

15/11/2011 в 1:22 до полудня

Private User - can you elaborate? Maybe some areas where you are well informed - names etc.?

15/11/2011 в 2:29 до полудня

That's so great! Caroline and Wynand are fantastic! Yes, June is correct about that - the more sourced material we add and cross-reference, the better! It is my greatest wish that we all work together adding that info. And the more people we get doing doing that, the better for all of us. I'm getting some very information rich emails from other people too.

Private User
15/11/2011 в 2:29 до полудня

I am most certainly not an expert in the field of genealogy or history, but my English writing, and putting facts in a succinct, chronological and logical manner is fairly good - if this is ever needed?

15/11/2011 в 2:41 до полудня

Can you translate Afrikaans into English and vice versa? I think it would be very useful on profiles with both English and Afrikaans speaking managers/followers to have the notes in both languages. I struggle to understand some of the Afrikaans, and I am sure it would be useful to have English notes in Afrikaans as well. Is this something you could help with?

15/11/2011 в 2:45 до полудня

As Sharon says if we can push to get as many documents up in the source section of profiles this will make such a difference to the tree. Always so good to show where information comes from. I also think that it would be a good idea to aim to make as many of the progenitors as we can Master Profiles with full notes in both languages. Volunteers to work on the translations would be very welcome!

15/11/2011 в 2:45 до полудня

Caroline also works on the Huguenot tree.

Private User
15/11/2011 в 2:48 до полудня

I understand Afrikaans perfectly well, but my writing skills are not as good as my English - but I'm perfectly willing to give it a try !

15/11/2011 в 2:52 до полудня

OK Caroline - I will add an entry for you on the project!

Private User
30/1/2012 в 4:56 до полудня

Carolle Marquard would be a good candidate.
She belongs to the well known Marquard family, and was of a Malan / Beyleveld heritage. Carolle's tree goes back many generations, I believe it could be into the 1500 or early 1600's. Besides anything else she is the mother of my daughter in law!

30/1/2012 в 11:40 до полудня

She sounds really good, Pam - can you contact her for us?

Private User
30/1/2012 в 2:03 после полудня

Will do.

30/1/2012 в 8:26 после полудня

Hi Sharon, June, Pam and The Others,

Sharon I noticed this 'Call' from you way back in November and a little light bulb flickered then faded!
Some prodding encouragement has come from June to participate more and finally an email from Pam yesterday. Yes, I suppose I do have a few contributions which may have merit.
Trouble is that after an initial bombardment I now only peep at Geni regularly, click here, click there, add a scrap and wish I had more time to join the fun. I'm way behind on writing a couple of promised articles and other things but would like to join in though at a Slower pace than you lot!

Besides the families Pam mentioned I have docs. here too on Murrays, Rexes.of Knysna which ought be added some time as well as Malans and Marquards. .Access too to de Wet/Petersens/Moltenos and others.

So if you need some Snail participation, glad to help - best wishes then, Carolle
P.S. Writing Afrikaans is a NO, no, not good enough.

30/1/2012 в 9:31 после полудня

Carole - good show! It will be fantastic to have participation in whatever pace you want! who knows! You might get bitten by the fever!

Seriously - ANY participation is welcome - Thank you!!

31/1/2012 в 12:41 до полудня

I think I can give a hand.

Norman

31/1/2012 в 12:55 до полудня

Yaay Carolle! Most of us participate in fits and starts. Wise to be careful of the addictive 'grab' that it has - but PLEASE, as June says - all the little bits of participation are what we need most.

31/1/2012 в 1:10 до полудня

Fantastic Norman! - you can make a note on the Welcome Cuzzins page http://www.geni.com/projects/South-Africans-Geni-Landing-Site-WELKO... - just let us know what you would like to do - do any of the projects "grab" you?

31/1/2012 в 2:30 до полудня

Welcome Norman.

Private User
1/2/2012 в 1:48 до полудня

Hi Sharon,
I would most certainly like to help if possible.
My Afrikaans isn't wonderful, we have been out of South Africa for many years.

1/2/2012 в 2:58 до полудня

Welcome Heather! I've added you and Norman to the text on the page, as well as making you collaborators - just go and put in what your area of interest is.

Eish - How good is the SA Geni Community, guys?
Unbeatable!

1/2/2012 в 3:17 до полудня
1/2/2012 в 3:19 до полудня

And the SA GENI FB group for quick communication to all SA Geni Users: http://www.facebook.com/groups/243811932355680/

15/2/2012 в 5:26 после полудня

G'day Sharon, sorry for taking so long to put my hand up to help. I'm very busy with other matters at present and i don't get as much time as i'd like to spend on our tree. I did assist June a while ago on the Zeederberg family project, but since then not much else. I'm no expert by a long shot, but I'm happy to give input to the areas that i am working on - Nel, Zeederberg/Botha and maybe get some help with the Vorster/Botha and Brits side of my family. Although not the best, i might be able to assist with ENGLISH / Afrikaans translations. Cheers, Brian.

17/2/2012 в 2:02 до полудня
Показаны сообщения с 1 по 30 из 50.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении