He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.
The eagle has the longest life-span among birds. It can live up to 70 years. But to reach this age, the eagle must make a hard decision.
In its 40s, it's long and flexible talons can no longer grab prey which serves as food.
It's long and sharp beak becomes bent.
It's long-aged and heavy wings, due to their thick feathers, become stuck to its' chest and make it difficult to fly.
Then, the eagle is left with only two options: die or go through a painful process of change which lasts 150 days.
The process requires that the eagle fly to a mountain top and sit on its' nest.
There the eagle knocks its' beak against a rock until it plucks it out.
After plucking it out, the eagle will wait for a new beak to grow back and then it will pluck out its' talons.
When its' new talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking its' old-aged feathers.
And after five months, the eagle takes its' famous flight of rebirth and lives for...30 more years. When it rains, most birds head for shelter; the eagle is the only bird that, in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the clouds....
Why is change needed? Many times, in order to survive we have to start a change process. We sometimes need to get rid of old memories, habits and other past traditions. Only freed from the past burdens, we can take advantage of the present. Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, Not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results. Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes. As Confucius said, " They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom." Let’s change to make a change or a better change!!! *
1. Eagles though a part of bird familly fly alone at a high altitude and not with sparrows or mix with other smaller birds like geese. Birds of a feather flock together. But no other bird goes to the height of the eagle. Remember eagles fly with eagles and not with crows or sparrows. Point: Choose your reference points, peers carefully. Choose them which will leverage and bring out your potential. Can you be a part of the crowd and still soar high on your strength? Can you be excellent in the crowd of average or above average?
2. Eagles have strong vision, which focuses up to 5 kilometers from the air. When an eagle sites prey- even a rodent from this distance, he narrows his focus on it and sets out to get it. No matter the obstacle, the eagle will not move his focus from the prey until he grabs it. Point: Have a vision and remain focused no matter what the obstacle till you reach your goal. Concentrate on your goal with unwavering focus till you have achieved it. That is the manta for success.
3. Eagles do not eat dead things. He feeds on fresh prey. Vultures eat dead animals but not eagles. Point: Believe on your own efforts rather than on luck /destiny or others' efforts
4. The Eagle is the only bird that loves the storm. When clouds gather, the eagles get excited. The eagle uses the wings of the storm to rise and is pushed up higher. Once it finds the wing of the storm, the eagle stops flapping and uses the pressure of the raging storm to soar the clouds and glide. This gives the eagle an opportunity to rest its wings. In the meantime, all the other birds hide in the leaves and branches of the trees. Point: We can use the storms of our lives (obstacles, trouble, etc) to rise to greater heights. Achievers relish challenges and use the opportunity to excel and prove themselves.
5. The Eagle tests before it trusts.
Point: We need to test before we trust. Whether in personal, private or in business life, one should test commitment of people intended for partnership.
6. Eagles prepare for training.
Point: The people who love us do not let us languish in sloth but push us hard to grow and prosper. Even in their seemingly bad actions they have good intentions for us. The parental/mentors insistence on self independence may sound harsh but it develops self confidence to face harsh realities, learn new skills and survive.
7. Point: No Matter how painful or uncomfortable it is we need to leave the old ways, habits , methods to survive or grow. People who cannot change and want to adhere to the old system will become extinct.
Learn adaptability, commitment and excellence from eagles and then aim and soar high
Private User If you do not mind, is it o.k. to add this wonderful article to a project on New Year Meditations?