I've noticed these three bugs that should all be easily fixable:
* If you change a relationship from husband/wife to ex-husband/ex-wife, in the edit screen called up from the tree view, and then add a divorce date at the same time. It will not store the divorce date.
* The City-field ends up as [Object, object]. Probably a variable assignment missing a .value(). Example: Type in "United States", select dropdown. City goes bad. Seems to work in profile edit, but not in the edit screen from the tree view.
* If you select a specific place, the Place-field is left empty after saving. Example: Type in "Trinitatis" (A church in Copenhagen), select dropdown. The Place-field is left empty, but the rest of the details are there.
* Whatever field: When you have entered a date in a single-edit field you have to click outside the field to get what you entered validated and valid.
* [Object, object] is a known error, - party fixed, but not yet when entering new profiles.
* In general on places: When using the single-edit field Geni are using Google Map to get hints on locations and unfortunately historical places does not exist, you get English names on none-English places and so on.
Unless you agree on the suggestion you should click Edit Location details and enter whatever you want.
Some locations, for example parts of a city, like Bragernes in Drammen does not get inserted even if suggested, simply because there are not fields enough, but I have suggested a solution.
* In regards to wife/ex-wife I thought about clicking outside, but it does not affect the divorce date field. I suspect the variable isn't passed along because it was not loaded when the screen was loaded, or something to that effect. Try it out, it is easily reproduced.
* Sounds good. :)
* Ok, that makes sense. However to take the case of Bragernes, there are enough fields available: The Place-field is left unused.
OK, I have tested it now (hope my wife does not detect that I temporary divorced her), and you are right - the date does not get saved. I'll report it.
Putting Bragernes in the Place field is my suggestion too. Manually you would probably use the City field for Bragernes (it was a separate city before) and put Drammen in the county field since today the city and county name is the same.
Øystein Sættem Middelthun, Private User and Lauri Kreen. The [Object object] bug has been fixed with today's release. If you could please, report all bugs here: http://help.geni.com/forums/338907-bug-reports instead of in the discussions, that would be tremendously helpful for us. It's much easier to have one place to track.