Frederica L Wallach (Westheimer) - Frederica Wallach

Started by Elizabeth Weil on Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
12/10/2014 at 2:37 PM

Frederica Wallach was not the mother of Johanna and Solomon Wallach She was their step-mother. Johanna Westheimer(Wallach) died in childbirth when her daughter was born (who was then called Johanna.) This Johanna was my grandmother!!!!!! . Later, her father married her dead mother's sister,(Frederica) and had several more children with her. Their name was Westheimer, not Wertheimer!!!! Please remove your corrections!!!!

12/14/2014 at 3:53 PM

Elizabeth,
This one is interesting. The Jewish Chronicle index for the 1870s (the one compiled by Doreen Berger) reads the name as 'Wertheimer'. I suspect that this is a problem of optical character recognition (i.e. it is an error). Doreen Berger lists the announcement of Frederica 'Wertheimer' s marriage to Sussman Wallach. However, when I tried to repeat this using the MyHeritage Jewish chronicle index, I was unable to find the Jewish Chronicle listing at all!

I have fixed the tree so that Johanna Westheimer is now the daughter of Johanna Westheimer, as per your statement.

A by-product of researching this was that I found some census listings for Solomon and Sophia Westheimer which fit into the tree.

Best wishes - Jeff Maynard

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion