Johan Samuel Frederik Botha, b3c7 - Merge mash :-(

Started by Sharon Doubell on Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
2/11/2015 at 1:32 AM

He has 2 mothers: Elizabeth Johanna Pentz and Elizabeth Johanna Pentz - but both are profiles I added, so it's likely two trees have been smerged. I'm about to do a 2 day roadtrip - so won't get to untangle until I'm back. Anybody else working in this line is welcome to take a look, but I'm temporarily MPIng the two mothers to prevent the 'easy' solution of making them one person :-) and us losing a profile that has a valid place elsewhere in the tree.

Private User
2/11/2015 at 1:35 AM

The other mother is Anna Botha

Have a safe trip!

2/11/2015 at 1:42 AM

Eish - you're fast. I just saw that now :-)
Thanks

12/2/2015 at 6:23 AM

Conversation between me and Wilferd Duckitt. All help welcomed"

Sharon Doubell
Today at 2:12 PM
Hi there
You initiated this merge: http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000005921377013?to=6000000036...
but the husband and kids are different - Do you have a reason to believe she had a 3rd husband? (I'm worried it might be a smerge :-))
Thanks
Cousin Sharon

Wilferd Mark Duckitt, b3c1d2e1f4g4
Today at 2:43 PM
Hello cousin Sharon
Yes she did have 3 husbands, according to my newly acquired Gisa Pentz fam tree
Her birthdate is 19.7.1801
Best regards
Cousin Wilf

Sharon Doubell
Today at 3:51 PM
Okay great. Will do the merge. Take a look and see that it matches the Gisa Pentz family tree afterwards. Also see if you can add sources :-)
I'm going to unlock so you can check it and adjust. Yell if you need me to do anything or lock anything in place afterwards.
Thanks
love the cuzz

Wilferd Mark Duckitt, b3c1d2e1f4g4
Today at 4:07 PM
Hi
There are TWO siblings Petrus Johannes Pentz, one born 1809 (in Gisa) and the other in 1808 (not in Gisa). Different wives, different children. What do you make of that? Also Pieter Pentz b 1701 is listed as the father of Pieter Johannes, born when the father was 89 years old!!?

Sharon Doubell
Today at 4:17 PM
I don't know. GISA is more often wrong or outdated than I'd like. I don't know this tree well, so I think let's start a Discussion and see if we can get help untangling or figuring out.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion