Request use of SmartCopy here!

Started by Dan Cornett on Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 151-180 of 2915 posts
Private User
8/16/2016 at 7:05 PM

Please allow use of Smart Copy. Thank you.

8/16/2016 at 7:15 PM

Private User
Pls chk your Geni messages

Private User
8/16/2016 at 8:36 PM

Please add me to Smart Copy. thanks!

8/18/2016 at 10:06 AM

Private User,

Check your Geni messages for the invite.

Private User
8/18/2016 at 11:13 AM

I have been using SmartCopy for a few days and find its update from Ancestry spotty. Some times it takes the photo and sometimes not. [All "photos" on by Blish Surname line are pages of support from the James Knox Blish Book]. I would REALLY appreciate being granted "Trusted" status. I have already upgraded to PRO but am still in the 14 day trail pahse.

8/18/2016 at 12:19 PM

Look for your 'invite' message, Donald.

Pictures are tricky, because they are formatted and stored differently practically everywhere ... even on the same "site" such as Ancestry. The size and network speeds can also cause issues.

However, do note that photos are "copied in the background" now, so if you check immediately you may not see it; come back a few minutes later and it may be there.

Just my opinion: Photos of documents are FAR more useful when added explicitly as Source-tab documents than as profile photos/media. I find them easier to read (when down/uploaded at original resolution) and also can be 'cited' against the field facts.

<sigh> At the moment the API (Geni programming interface) doesn't let one add "Source" documents, so that has to done "by hand". At least copying as the 'profile image' is painless & quick, even if it only gets the first "image" if there are more than one.

Please allow use of Smart Copy. Thanks

8/20/2016 at 8:05 AM

Request to Use SmartCopy

8/20/2016 at 4:11 PM

Dov and Wendy were granted access.

8/22/2016 at 9:20 AM

Please grant me permission to use SmartCopy

8/22/2016 at 11:02 AM

Galia Geist - see your Msg. inbox for Invite.

Private User
8/22/2016 at 2:43 PM

Hi I've used SmartCopy for a week or so and it greatly simplifies adding family groups. I usually add a father to a child with just father's name, go there, take the tab on Ancestry to the same person and SmartCopy his profile and add all parents, siblings, partners and children EXCEPT the child I had started from minutes earlier (this avoids one merge). This works great and I just have to go back to that child and change relationships from <father and unknown wife> to <father and newly entered mother>. OCCASIONALLY the child's profile has no "relationships" tab so I can't unmake them from mom's stepchild to child. What can I do? If I need a curator, how do I find "mine"?

8/22/2016 at 3:08 PM

Hi, Donald: A couple of notes:

1) Notice that you can UPDATE profiles with SmartCopy ... just select the appropriate existing profile when the details are expanded. That particularly is important to do for the "other" parent of a child. That may help you to have the children all added to the same relationship (instead of having to move it).

2) There is a separate discussion for questions about SmartCopy (this thread is for simple "asking permission to use". <smile> Go the Discussions for this project (link is on left sidebar of this discussion ... or at the top of the SmartCopy panel !)

3) Asking for Curator help is a 'sticky' discussion at the top of the Public Discussions list: (go to Research -> Discussions, then change the menu at the upper right to be "All Public".)

Private User
8/22/2016 at 7:32 PM

I removed it and reinstalled it. Can you authorize it again? Jeanne Swack

8/22/2016 at 8:22 PM

Private User,

You should still have authorization to use SmartCopy.

Private User
8/23/2016 at 6:51 AM

I followed the instructions and it still won't open after redownloading it.

Private User
8/23/2016 at 7:35 AM

Private User, what is it doing or not doing? Could you give a description of where it is running into an issue?

Here is a video that may help show the normal use and what you should expect to see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gRnmEfs7c

8/26/2016 at 8:29 PM

I would like to request use of SmartCopy, please.

8/27/2016 at 5:31 AM

Tom Williams, please check your messages in your inbox.

Private User
8/27/2016 at 6:21 AM

Jeff Gentes, it is doing nothing at all. I can't open it in Chrome (Mac).

Private User
8/27/2016 at 6:21 AM

Jeff Gentes, just to add that it is installed and in the menu bar.

8/27/2016 at 6:36 AM

Private User, do you realize the order of things to do?
1) Open the source (to copy from Ancestry, you select the family tree first) (to copy from MyHeritage, you must click on the person's link)
2) Then you click on the SmartCopy icon.

Private User
8/27/2016 at 5:04 PM

Private User, if you click the icon and it does absolutely nothing, that certainly seems like a browser issue. I also run Chrome on Mac and have never had any issues. You should see something, even if you're on a page that is not supported by Smart Copy. You would see a message that says that SmartCopy does not support the page.

Try this, right click (ctrl + click) on the icon and click "Inspect Popup". That should provide a console with some description of what is happening or not happening - hopefully some message that will give an indication of why it is not working for you.

I can say that you are the first person that I've heard that has had any issue.

8/28/2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi curators,
please allow me to use SmartCopy.
Thanks a ton,
Sven

8/28/2016 at 1:26 PM

Sven Kannengiesser
Pls chk you Geni Messages

Private User
8/29/2016 at 10:44 PM

Please allow me to use SmartCopy as well.

Thanks!
Ari

8/30/2016 at 7:01 AM

Ariel has received the email

Private User
9/1/2016 at 2:48 AM

Please add me too.

9/1/2016 at 4:59 AM

Private User, please check your messages for invitation. Jim

9/4/2016 at 5:24 AM

Please grant me access to Smart Copy. Thank you! -Mike

Showing 151-180 of 2915 posts