Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 3 posts
Private User
3/15/2016 at 7:22 PM

Got the following several times, and using different browsers:

I typed in jewishgen.com - got the usual screen - clicked on "Login to JewishGen" - got the usual screen - entered my e-mail and password as usual - and then got a screen with a box, inside which it said
"Authentication Required

"https"//jewishen.org requires a username and
password

Username: [box ]
Password: [box ]

and under that buttons labelled "Log In" and "Cancel"

Even if I used my username instead of my email, I got that screen. Was that a legitimate screen or would my info have been hacked if I used it?

Just tried again, and got in the usual way. Anybody know what was going on? Or?

Private User
3/15/2016 at 9:47 PM

Now really weird - went to Tab where I had successfully logged in to JewishGen and clicked Log Out - and Got the Exact Same "Authentication Required" Screen I describe above.

Actually - that specific appearance of Screen is on Google Chrome - so currently on Google Chrome I cannot log out - at least, not without entering info in that screen. (if delete that tab with that "Authentication Required" box, open new Tab or use another existing Tab and type 'jewishgen.org" - it comes up with me logged in!)

And on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer - if try to log in - get their version of that box.

Same basic idea, but I was mistaken when above said all showed exactly that box.

Still want to know what is going on. Is that common to many programs? Something special to JewishGen? Or??

Private User
3/16/2016 at 12:16 PM

Okay - it's not me or something weird about the Public Facility I am accessing the internet from - Today on JewishGen's Home Page it says

"Login issues — We are aware of problems logging into JewishGen, and are working to address them."

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion