Confusion with de Gatton lines on Geni

Начала Amy Anderson пятница, 22 июля 2016
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (2)
22.7.2016 в 11:02 после полудня

These de Gatton lines appear to be a mess. There are two lines here which are clearly connected but no one has put them together yet. Two de Gatton women of Surrey married de Denne men of Kent within a few generations, according to the ‘About’ section for one of the Robert de Dennes (Robert de Gatton), although there is no link and it may be someone’s mistake. The first was Sybylla de Gatton (Sybylla de Gatton) and the second was Elizabeth de Gatton (Elizabeth Denne (de Gatton)). This Elizabeth is said to have married to two de Denne men, Walter Denne and William Denne, Kt., but the source given says only William.

This Robert de Denne’s mother AND wife are both given as ‘Sybylla de Gatton:’ Robert de Dene. Conceivable but pretty unlikely.

And there is confusion with the names, from Hamo to Homo to Hamon. Is anyone up for trying to sort all this out?

Thanks...

22.7.2016 в 11:10 после полудня

Correction: I wrote 'Robert de Denne' when I meant 'Robert de Gatton' above (the link is correct).

And in going to this general page on de Gatton I found the same text that was under Robert's name with the sources:

--Extracts regarding the genealogy of the Gatton family at the Archaeologia Cantiana

--The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5 by Edward Hasted (1798) referring to de Gatton family holdings

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении