CPT. Nathan Hale and Other Issues

Started by Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder on Friday, October 7, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 21 posts
10/7/2016 at 10:54 AM

Hi Folk's,

I was browsing through the profiles of our distant cousins that served during the American Revolution, and I could not find CPT. Nathan Hales registration number to the SAR or DAR archives.

Am I missing something here? Because, I have notice that six of my GGF's had served and has DAR #'s in there profiles.
The six GGF's with DAR Serial #s, the are:

Amos Pettibone 4GGF from CT (CPL-MA-A089795),
John Barker 5GGF from RI (PVT-MA-A006092),
Timothy Sparhawk 4GGF from MA (CPL-MA-A107842),
Stephen Northrup 5GGF from CT (PVT-MA-A084682),
James Loomis 5GGF from MA (PVT-MA-A071462), and
Jabez Hall 6GGF from CT (CPT-MA-A049665).

Now, according to the AR Timeline. I discovered that I have around fourteen other GGF's that has no indicators that the had served except a few, and they are:

David Bagg 5GGF b. 1716 of MA, Aaron Bagg 4GGF b1741-1806 of MA,
Aaron Bagg 4GGF b. 1741-1806 of MA,
*COL Jonathan Pettibone 5GGF b. 1730-1821 of CT,
Samuel Pettibone 6GGF b 1698-1787 of CT,
Consider Moseley 6GGF b. 1675-1755 of MA (Reg. W/DC Society of MA Colonial Wars),
Daniel Lincolin 5GGF b. 1738-1808 of CT,
Jacob Lincoln 6GGF b. 1696 of CT,
Levi Preston 6GGF b. 1696-1781 of MA,
James Northrup 6GGF b. 1693-1777 of CT,
Jeremiah Greene 4GGF b. 1746-1806 of RI,
*MAJ James Greene 5GGF b. 1692-1758 of RI , and
Joseph Sparhawk 5GGF b. 1708 of MA.

As you can see, there is an issue. I do need help on finding out whether they served as Patriots, Tories, or Non-Combatant's. I've gone through several projects (SAR, DAR, and AR/British), and came up empty. I need help!

Respectfully,

Ken

As you can see! I need help.

10/7/2016 at 5:17 PM

Faustine Darsey on partial hiatus is this a project you could help with?

10/7/2016 at 5:38 PM

Hello Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder and Erica Howton,

I am taking a look at Ken's tree.

10/7/2016 at 5:53 PM

Your 4th great grandfather William Slade has been added to the list of Patriots for MA.

PVT/AR William Slade, Sr.

10/7/2016 at 5:59 PM

Hello Cousins!

I would like to thank my two best curators for sparing both of your valuable time in assisting me with my issues.

Thank you both for helping me. Your Cuz Ken

10/10/2016 at 5:35 PM

Hello Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder, I hope you are doing well. I have started working on your family tree, identifying Patriots of the American Revolution and adding them to one or two projects (Daughters of the American Revolution - Patriots and/ or the American Revolutionary War). I started with Lieut. Consider Moseley and did a search of his Blood Relatives + Spouses that were of the right age to have been in the American Revolution. I added William Slade about 3 nights ago and since then have added /edited about 90 more using the above search criteria. I really have been amazed at how many I have found including one man who signed the Declaration of Independence.
Are you following me? That's one way to see who I have been adding as I go along. Another way is just to look at the most recent 5 pages of the Daughters of the American Revolution Project. Most of those are blood relatives of Lt Consider Moseley.

I realize I am not answering your specific question, however I thought you would be interested in seeing the part the Moseley / allied families played in the American Revolution. I am planning to continue working on your extended family tree. Of course, it could take a while to work my way through it. If I am totally heading in a direction that you are not interested in, let me know. Thanks, Faustine

10/10/2016 at 10:00 PM

Thank you for assistance with my dilemma. There is a lot of distant cousins that served the AR which you most likely have discovered, and to include many of the Signers. There was even a few that was members of The Sons of Liberty. Now, the names in DAR and SAR rosters that are registered as participants with the AR needs to have an easier way to track down the names. Maybe, in alphabetical order by surnames. Anyway, thank you for the help. Your Cousin, Ken

10/11/2016 at 5:05 AM

Faustine Darsey on partial hiatus,

Keep this going. This is one of the reasons that I had asked you to self nominate yourself to be a curator.

10/11/2016 at 6:04 PM

Hello Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder, I agree with you that the names in the project need to be in alphabetical order.

10/11/2016 at 6:05 PM

Hello Kevin Lawrence Hanit, I will keep it going. Thanks for the encouragement.

Faustine

10/11/2016 at 7:43 PM

Hello Kevin Lawrence Hanit, I would like your opinion about an index of Patriots of the American Revolution. Please look at this link, at the bottom of the page where it says Index of Patriots of the American Revolution:

https://www.geni.com/projects/Daughters-of-the-American-Revolution-...

There are between 200,000 and 300,000 Patriots listed in the DAR database. I can come up with the exact number, and it is growing all the time. So the index would be huge. I did a tiny test with 7 entries. The first 6 entries are from the DAR database and I did not look to see if they are represented in the geni family tree. The 7th one, Arthur Moseley is the most recent profile added to the project, so I added the link. The idea is that they would be in alphabetical order. Let me know what you think. If I were going to work on doing something like this, I would want guidance about the best way to proceed.

Hello Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder, please also look at the above and let me know if it's what you have in mind.

Thanks for your time,

Faustine

10/11/2016 at 7:54 PM

I wouldn't do it in this project. I might do it in letter sub-projects.

10/11/2016 at 8:06 PM

Hello Kevin Lawrence Hanit, now I am up to 26 entries. I don't understand what you are telling me. Please explain.

10/11/2016 at 8:12 PM

Hello Kevin Lawrence Hanit, we have struggled with this idea from the beginning. There are 13,000 plus profiles in the project now and if we get them all there will be 200,000 plus. People want to be able to have an index so they can find a surname. It takes about a year to go page by page. Sorry if it sounds like I am venting.

Faustine

10/12/2016 at 5:25 AM

I was thinking that it might be better to have 27 sub-projects, one for each letter of the alphabet and an additional one for Mc/Mac. These would then be made to contain a list.

10/12/2016 at 7:52 AM

Good Morning Cousin(s) and Friends!

Thank you all for helping me with this issue. Especially Faustine and Kevin, on finding AR info on William Slade.

If I was going to set up projects that is involving the many surnames that follows certain projects. Indexing would be the most logical way to go, and it would save a lot of time in searching/researching.

Did we ever find info ref to CPT. Nathan Hale registration with SAR/DAR?

Kevin! What project should I go to concerning issues that has cause a lot of headaches to the Curators and Managers in the past and present? (Ref: New members that is placing their family trees blindly, and unable to search for their people with the same surname(s) in Geni's OWFT (One World Family Tree).

I have experience this myself, and I am not a happy camper when I have found out the hard way. That I am creating a double profile(s) that causes multi merges.

If I was going to see if there is any surnames that are the same, I would be able to review that particular profile, and find out if it was missing parts of the profile or I can attach my additions. Maybe, we should have a "Search People" that
covers all FMT links.

Must go now, but I would like to continue this later.

Respectfully,

Ken

10/12/2016 at 1:24 PM

I scanned through 30 pages so far through the DAR's Roster. Its like trying to find a needle in the middle of a hay stack.

Again, thank you.

Ken

10/12/2016 at 1:57 PM

Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder,

In my opinion, there is nothing that can be done about it.

10/12/2016 at 2:21 PM

Kenneth Joseph Bagg Neder

The reason that Nathan Hale is not listed in the DAR and SAR Ancestor databases is because he had no children and therefore was never registered as an ancestor. Patriots are entered into the database when their descendants apply for membership.

10/12/2016 at 9:02 PM

I should had figured that out in the beginning. It makes sense. No descendants no SAR or DAR. But, thanks for reminding me.

1/6/2017 at 12:52 AM

He died young, at the age of 21

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion