Adding names...or adding no names

Started by Private User on Friday, October 21, 2016
Problem with this page?


Showing all 5 posts
Private User
10/21/2016 at 2:32 AM

Missed that the input window now have a new field at the top labelled title?
It took me some minutes before I realized that the first name field had moved down.

Private User
10/22/2016 at 2:07 PM

That is an error, already reported by the curators.
Actually, all those profiles are real, - the error is that they should not be displayed. They are merged-into profiles where data conflicts are resolved and in the API they are marked as deleted. Technically they are not, - to be able to reverse merges etc, - it is just a "deleted" flag the tre-view code currently obviously are ignoring.

Private User
10/24/2016 at 2:05 PM

Currently all Private Profiles not in my Max Family and not managed by myself or someone in my Max Family are showing as "No Name" in Tree View - both claimed and unclaimed.
[when looking from a public parent or sibling or etc. - can see they are not actually "No Name", but have data in the Name fields - and can click on them, to see they exist - tho I have seen Public Profiles with names which, when clicked on, say the profile is unavailable, because was deleted in 2014 - so I suppose possible there may be some "No Name" ones which also should not be being displayed.]

Is this true for Curators as well - or, since Curators can edit all Private Profiles, do they just see "No Name" for the merged into (deleted?) profiles which shouldn't actually be being displayed?

11/15/2016 at 5:52 AM

I think Geni should notify all users about changes in rules or programs.

All the "No name"s make me crazy! One cannot see any sighns to check family names - The tree will become full of double, Tripple & more branches & full of mistakes.
Can one change this?
At the former trees we were able to find double <Private> profiles & correct them or notify their managers to do so..

Private User
11/18/2016 at 7:34 PM

Michael D. Bruell - Did you see - they fixed it!!

I went hunting, after reading your comment above, for the thread where Mike had said (turns out, back 10/25/2016) that it was a bug, and I posted again (next post after that) tagging him about the problem -- I gather he had not quite realized what I was saying before. But once he got it, he fixed it. And since it was your comment that finally triggered my posting again there, you deserve some of the Thanks for it getting fixed!!
This is link to where he says fixed - probably not the most sensible place, but gets you to the discussion, and lets you see Mike announcing the fix.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion