Medically related projects

Started by Patricia Ann Scoggin on Thursday, February 9, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1-30 of 208 posts
2/9/2017 at 11:38 AM

Anyone who would like to have a medically related project created, please let me know. I am a retired RN, have plenty of time and enjoy doing this sort of thing. I have worked on many of the Cause of death portal projects & some for the survival of disease (see: Lyme disease, & polio) projects also. Sooooooo, if you have a "died of..." or "survived of..." medically related disease or problem, please feel free to let me know... I will be happy to help.

Have a great day,
Pat

2/9/2017 at 4:11 PM

Pat does such a great job with this. I'm running out of diseases. :) :)

2/9/2017 at 4:28 PM

Pat does an excellent job with them, so I refer the creation of them to her.

2/9/2017 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Erica Howton & Kevin Lawrence Hanit for the recommendations.

3/5/2017 at 5:43 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

I need a project for those who died of Huntington’s disease https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington%27s_disease

Please add to it: Mary Judith Kanner

3/5/2017 at 8:54 AM

@Kevin Lawrence Hanit I will work on this project today.

3/5/2017 at 9:00 AM

Thanks.

3/5/2017 at 10:06 AM

Kevin Lawrence Hanit & Erica Howton
I indicated that this project is for those with & died from Huntington's disease... Do you agree??? If so I will change the formatting so it stands out...

I am still working on it -- need to ck on who has died from it... & get the linking info at the bottom...

3/5/2017 at 10:12 AM

Good enough.

There is no cure for the disease.

3/5/2017 at 10:39 AM

It looks very good to me, Pat, and I agree with Kevin's point. If actual cause of death is something else, the profile can be added to additional projects.

3/5/2017 at 10:46 AM

Does it need anything else??? Which of the 3 pix would you pick??? I changed it since it has a genetic connection, but I like the other 2 pix also...

3/5/2017 at 10:53 AM

I like all three pix. Visually the word clouds appeal to me more, but the genetically oriented one is probably the most relevant for genealogy, so I'd leave that as the default image.

The only thing I can think of to add is more on notables, there should be more than Woody Guthrie ... :)

3/6/2017 at 12:03 AM

Erica Howton I looked & couldn't find any others who had died from this disease, but I will look again. I did find a comment saying that ''there was only 1 in 10,000 who had Huntington's disease so there wouldn't be many "famous/notable" people with it''...

3/6/2017 at 1:11 AM

I believe "Dr. Thirteen" (acted by Olivia Wilde) on "House" had it, or the carrier gene for it.

And now I've busted myself on my source of medical info! (blush)

3/6/2017 at 8:58 PM

Erica,
I updated the notable people section, but couldn't find any others... Sophie Daumier died from it, but I don't think she is in Geni... I put a couple of sites where there is info in case she is or if someone related wants to add her to Geni if she isn't... I found 2 that have it but are still living & included sites with info for them...

3/8/2017 at 12:11 PM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Can you help me out with the relevant projects for the two causes of death for Sarah Fredericka Visanska.

Thanks,
Kevin

3/8/2017 at 5:10 PM

Kevin Lawrence Hanit
There is one for Appendicitis. See: [https://www.geni.com/projects/People-who-died-from-Appendicitis/35506 Appendicitis] I don't think I can add Sarah to the project unless I am following her... will try to do so...

I'll work on one for myocarditis.

3/8/2017 at 5:34 PM
3/8/2017 at 11:21 PM

I have finished with the Myocarditis project. See if you agree with who can be added to this project... https://www.geni.com/projects/Myocarditis/41122

Also ck the pix options--there are 3 more in the pix section. Would one of the other pix be better?

3/9/2017 at 6:43 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

I don't have a preference as to what picture you should use. I leave that up to you.

Kevin

3/27/2017 at 1:05 PM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

I cannot figure out which project to put Fanny Cecilia Hensel in as she died of a cerebral hemorrhage. Can you please do it for me.

Thanks,
Kevin

3/27/2017 at 5:46 PM

I am working on a project for Cerebral (Brain) Hemorrhage, but am unsure where to put it in the Cause of Death portal... I think it should probably go under the Cerebral vascular heading... Erica, what do you think???
Pat

3/27/2017 at 6:17 PM

I have created the project & decided to put it as a separate project as it doesn't really fit under the Cardiovascular disease heading. For some reason Geni didn't want to recognize either of you when I tried to add you as collaborators... See:
[https://www.geni.com/projects/Cerebral-Brain-Hemorrhage/41354 Cerebral (Brain) Hemorrhage]

I found quite a few images but am not sure if I picked the "best"... I will work on seeing about getting some of the "Famous" people added to the project...

3/27/2017 at 6:30 PM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Thanks. I have added myself to the project.

Kevin

3/31/2017 at 8:35 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Cannot locate a project for someone who died of an aneurism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneurism

John Mercer Walker, Sr. died of one.

Kevin

3/31/2017 at 9:35 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Found another one that I cannot locate: Alcoholism.

Please add to it: John Allen Miner

Thanks,
Kevin

3/31/2017 at 11:29 AM

@Kevin Lawrence Hanit
I will work on project for aneurisms & alcoholism today.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Pat

3/31/2017 at 11:52 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Your welcome.

4/1/2017 at 11:05 AM

Erica Howton & Kevin Lawrence Hanit Please take a look at the project for the new Cause of Death project for Alcoholism (https://www.geni.com/projects/Alcoholism/41438)... I am not sure how to word the intro for who should be added to this project...

It is still a work in progress... Which pix do you think would be best of the 6 options???
Your input is appreciated.

4/1/2017 at 11:19 AM

Patricia Ann Scoggin,

Good to me.

Showing 1-30 of 208 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion