Started by Private User on Monday, February 20, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 38 posts
Private User
2/20/2017 at 7:12 PM

Does anyone else have multiple royal gggg.....fathers? Mine include James IV and his father and so on, Ed I, Duncan, Charlemagne, Henry II... the Bible's King David, and geni has come up with a few more. Too bad I didn't get any of the land or wealth or anything. I am the poor relation. LOL lol

2/20/2017 at 8:37 PM

proably 99% of everyone in England and of English descent is descended from him

2/20/2017 at 9:35 PM

I have MANY!!!

From France, Spain, Italy, Norway.... one or two of England... and this is only the one part of my family, my mother's side... Mostly France and Norway! Very exciting! Still searching further for my dad's family.

WOW Ruth Ann Ventrello... are you serious!? King DAVID!!!! I have two of Jerusalem... cant remember their names now, I think one was a queen Isabella or something like that.

2/20/2017 at 11:54 PM

Mine include Charlemagne, Julius Caesar, The prophet Mohammed,royalty from Finland, Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands, England, Scotland, Ireland, Egypt, Spain,the Roman empire, hungry, Germany. Surprisingly, none from Russia, Poland, Ukraine, any of the Slavic states, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Portugal,

2/21/2017 at 1:09 AM

Larry Steven Andre.... WOW indeed!! Mohammed AND Julius Caesar.... I hope I am not family of them... LOL.... but I am of Charlemagne! You REALLY have family all over!!! :)

2/21/2017 at 3:02 AM

Larry Steven Andre... I thought you were joking....but I am ALSO family of all the horrible Caesars... up to ....Gaius Claudius Sabinus Octavius . Birth:circa -560 .:BC!!! My 74 th GR Grandfather!!!!!!!!!!!!

"( Too scared to look further.... LOL! :)

2/21/2017 at 3:05 AM

Ruth Ann Ventrello... How did you get to King David!????? Need to check it out... please give me the link, just now I am also family of him... for all you know we are family of the Egyptian Faraos !!!!!! :D I am getting more shocks by the day! This is MUCH better than facebook will ever be!

2/21/2017 at 4:01 AM

I've got the same as you you Ann along with William The Conqueror, All the Early Kings of both England & France . The German one including Hinrich the 1st . Vikings ones and more then I can count . And last night I found out the George Washington is an Uncle of mine , his Brothers daughter married into our family and with that line Queen Elizabeth is a cousin..So I'm the real the real King Ralph

2/21/2017 at 4:54 AM

I am also related to many of these people including Noah, and am probably related to many of you!

Private User
2/21/2017 at 5:17 AM

The crazy thing about me is that my mother and father are fifteenth cousins, sharing the same 16th ggrandfather - Sir John Somerville, 1st of Cambusnethan. It is through that ggrandfather that they are both direct decendants of William "braveheart" Wallace, and direct descendants of King David of Israel. So, I am my own cousin. lol

2/21/2017 at 5:26 AM

This subject is a matter of geometrical progressions. In the line of your 20-27th great grandparents the amount of persons( if they were all different ), would be far greater than the population of the world at that moment. That means that many MANY of our ggparents have more than one relationship with us. On the other hand, in the far past only the noble would be concerned on their ancestry because of the importance of inherintance and social prestige. That is the reason why we get to know the more important names of our ancestors which by the way are common to most of us, at least in the western world. Think about the way the number of ancestors grows as we go to the past, but at the same time it's obvious that there were a lot less people then. If we see it from the other side from the past to the present, the geometrical progression is different it's not based on 2x. Two parents could have more than four children and there were numerous persons who didn't have descendance, graphically it is as if many regular triangles with their upper tip facing down, overlap with flatter, irregular triangles whose lower tips are facing down. The result of the overlap is almost fractal.

2/21/2017 at 5:30 AM

We all probably do. I'm a cousin to some of my grEATTTTTTgrand parents and a sort of aunt to my children, not to talk to my connection to my ex and present husbands who shared an ancestor with me in the 15th century and also between them. I'm not taking grandma Cleopatra too seriously.

Private User
2/21/2017 at 6:28 AM

Yes, to your question Isabeau. our family is related (not by a shirt tail but GGG Grandfather and mothers directly) like you said) to all the kings of Franks, most all the Holy Roman Emperors, Kings of the North, Kings of Ireland, France, England, Normandy, the Roman Empire, Ireland, Scotland, Welsh, the Owains have a wonderful story if you dig a little and the Metz's too, Switzerland, Ireland, Russia. I even found a few in Japan. It is amazing isn't it?

And our immediate family is Native American. My family has many honored and well known Native American Chiefs before that most our relatives came from England and married royalty and their familys were involved with the building of Priory's, churches, hospitals and defending the church. When King Henry was king he took back all the land that was given to our relatives for fighting battles against other nations and winning wars. It looked like our relative moved to American.

I also have a relative that (by the shirt tail relationship) related to anybody who was somebody in American....like Davy Crocket and Daniel Boone, Presidents: George Washington, John Quincy Adams, Trump, Clintons and more.

The list just goes on and on.....lol!

Private User
2/21/2017 at 6:35 AM

And just found Besy Ross.

Our family is also related to: I found 4 Pope's, several Cardinals, lots of priests, nuns and best of all there was saint in all the family's.

You might be related if you look try - Saint Margaret Queen of Scotland.

Private User
2/21/2017 at 6:37 AM

Henry II "Curtmantle", king of England is your fifth great grandfather's wife's 17th great grandfather

So, he is my 23rd Great Grand Father

2/21/2017 at 7:51 AM

Mary Ann Hall... I also found out today I am family of Donald Trump! 19 th cousins... rather amazing!! Never thought I had any family in the US, but that link seems to go back to the few Scottish family members I have... I am enjoying geni.com SOOOOO much!!!

2/21/2017 at 7:52 AM

Graciela Duran-Troise,,, must say I almost fell off my chair finding CLEOPATRA as a gr gr gr great aunt.... LOL... hard to believe, but then let us just ENJOY THIS!!! :)

2/21/2017 at 11:39 AM

I wonder how much of this is real. I can trace direct lines to Charlemagne, William the conqueror, Henry I, Henry II, John Lackland (I could do without that one!), Empress Matilda, King Stephen, Henry II, Henry III, Edward I, Duncan, Malcolm, kings of Wales, Scotland and Ireland, a whole bunch of saints, French kings...all ancestral great-grandparents, all the way back to Boudica., and all on my father's mother's side. My father always said we were descended from the Dukes of Normandy, and he was right. We sure are. And since the Normans were originally from Norway, I have a lot of Norse and Viking royalty in there as well. Those things I'm sure of, but the ties to David and Noah (who was surely a fictional character, as are probably all the Judean Kings before David, the first for whom there is historical evidence), Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, those I seriously doubt. The ties to the Judean kings and Exilarchs comes through a reputed Jewish great-grandmother of Ferdinand of Spain, which is the biggest irony, since he was responsible for the Spanish Inquisition. Those ties, for me, are through the doubtful illegitimate son of a French duke. It's possible, but unlikely. As for more recent famous cousins, I'm related to Trump (19th cousin. ugh), Hillary Clinton (23rd cousin) and Barack Obama (15th cousin). Queen Elizabeth is also my 15th cousin. I think all of the barons who were Surety of the Magna Carta are my relatives, most of them ancestral great-grandfathers. I have been reading Elizabeth Chadwick' historical novels, which are a wonderful way of getting to know the medieval great-grandparents. I look up the names as they come up and a remarkable number of the people in those books are my direct ancestors. I'm getting into William Marshall, who was an ancestor to be proud of, and also Eleanor of Aquitane, one of my favorite ancestral great grandmothers. Both John and her daughter Eleanor are my great-grandparents. Henry's illegitimate son William Longespee is also one of my great-grandparents.

The thing is, we are all related somewhere back there in antiquity. That's the lesson I got from this. The other lesson I take away from this is that if you trace your lineage far enough back, you get directly into mythology. I got there with the Norse line, the Irish line, the Welsh line...I noticed there were also a bunch of people who were tracing their ancestry into the Lohengrin/Holy Grail stuff, which is purely mythical. I don't think you can give too much credibility to stuff that gets into BCE time.

It's easy to trace the lines back with royalty in the mix, but so hard to trace the other lines! I wish I could get the same results with my mother's side of the family, or my father's father, who I can only trace back about 5 generations.

Private User
2/21/2017 at 2:54 PM

so true

Private User
2/21/2017 at 10:06 PM

I remember when I first started researching and finding out that some lines go back centuries into the past and seeing everyone from royalty to the average joe and who they were and their stories. Genealogy is such an amazing hobby.

2/21/2017 at 10:14 PM

People calling: but the ties to David and "Noah (who was surely a fictional character, as are probably...." sigh.... I KNEW somebody had to attack the Word of God again.... actually I was warned about that... maybe like facebook, it is time for me to get off at least THIS discussion.... bye bye!!!

Private User
2/22/2017 at 4:31 AM

I don't think Noah was fictional but I have idea how anyone can proved they are related to him As far as royal connections go. If you can follow the paper trail, then you know it's right. I have several connection, This is both interesting and fun to know. However, I always tell people ,I am so royal but this knowledge and now over 2 dollars will get me a cup of coffee. In other words I an not getting invited to any royal house.

Private User
2/22/2017 at 5:30 AM

I traced one part of my mother's line back to England. They came over under contract as builders/carpenters and were just hard working craftsmen and their wives/children. One was said to be a very talented wood worker. So, it is nice to see hard working crafts people too. They came to the US in the late 1600's. I think they were also seeking religious freedom. They didn't inherit lands or titles. They just worked hard. My Great Grandfather, who is remembered in the family and came from that line, was in his state house of representatives. One must admire the strength of our ancestors and those who overcame persecution to find freedom, and worked hard in a new world.

Private User
2/22/2017 at 1:53 PM

I believe the Bible so I think it is a given we all desend from Noah.

Private User
2/22/2017 at 1:54 PM

I believe the Bible so I think it is a given we all desend from Noah.

Private User
2/22/2017 at 2:22 PM

This site has me desending from the royals. It seems my 6 great grandmother Marry Cathrine Bryan Bush in American history records of people who came to America before the 1700s is a direct desendant of John of Brennie King of Jeruslame one of his wives was a great grand daughter of King Henery II and Queen Elenor of Antiquite. It gives her pedgree to John in the American History. Mary Cahthrine is firsts
cousin once removed to Rebbeca Bryan Boone wife of Daniel Boone. I have good reason to believe since we own land in Eastern Ky that has been ni the family for 5 generations. My 4 great grand grand mother Rachel Clements Combs traces back to the royals also. I am 5 th cousiin once removed to Brad Pitt. Goldie Hawn is my 7 th cousiin. I am cousin to many presidents including Donald Trump, obama. Hilliry. Taft is my 5 th cousion. I am realated to many dead and living famous people, my 10 th great grandfather is Abe Linclon's 7 th great grand father he is also elizbeth tyalor 's 10 th g grandfather. Both Harrison presidends, Adams , tyalor and other president desended from Rowland Tyalor my 10 th g grandfather. He was burned at the stake by cousion Queen Bloody Mary. Queen Elzabeth II is my 11 th cousion.

Private User
2/22/2017 at 7:13 PM

The thing about Royals is that they intermarried a lot. If you are related to one royal, then you are related to all royals in some way.

2/22/2017 at 11:04 PM

I respect the beliefs of people here who accept the bible as completely true, but I have been taught differently by my rabbis. According to them, current scholarship finds the bible is not an accurate historical document. It's OK with me for you not to believe that, if that is where your own faith takes you. I apologize for upsetting people by saying that.

Private User
2/23/2017 at 4:48 AM

I do believe it is accurate. However, I also know it's not complete. The Catholic Church decided many years ago what would or would not go into it.Then Martin Luther came along and started the Protestant religion and he change parts of it by removing other books and adding an ending to the Lord's Prayer.Plus they found the Dead Sea Scholls and some were missing because they burned them for fuel, They didn't know they were important and now they think they found more. So what we have both old and new are true but not complete.

Private User
2/23/2017 at 4:52 AM

With that said , I still say there iz no way anyone can trace themselves back to David or Noah, without digging them up and we wouldn't do that m, even if we knew where the bodies are buried and in the case of Jesus, since he assended in heaven, we have no body.

Showing 1-30 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion