Lt Col Andreas Jensen Grove - Parents of SA Progenitor?

Started by Sharon Lee Doubell on Saturday, March 25, 2017
Showing all 11 posts
3/25/2017 at 9:16 AM

What are the Sources that link Lieutenant Colonel Andreas Jensen Grove & Lady Mary Elisabeth Grey as the parents of the South African progenitor Andreas Grové, SV/PROG

Forgive me if they are already stated clearly in the Norwegian text.

5/18/2018 at 7:03 AM

Graham Charles Hepburn 15/5/2018 at 11:28 AM
Managers of Andreas Grové, SV/PROG,

I am contacting you about this profile: https://www.geni.com/people/Andreas-Grov%C3%A9-SV-PROG/600000000163...

The latest merge is incorrect, his "mother" died in 1658, which would make his likely birth date, many decades later rather miraculous. Arriving in the Cape as a soldier in 1719 he would likely have been a young man, not a man in his sixties. Can someone undo this merge please?

Sincerely,
Graham Hepburn

Sharon Lee Doubell
15/5/2018 at 4:01 PM
I unmerged
This is the other profile https://www.geni.com/people/J-A-Andries-Andreas-Grove/6000000065681... - PLease check details as I'm going off geni now. At a quick glance it seems to me the wife is still a mutual one.

Graham Charles Hepburn
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Hello Sharon,

Thank you for the unmerge, although I see that as quickly as you unmerged someone remerged the profiles!

The two profiles may be for the same person but the parents are definitely incorrect. Is it possible to remove the link to the parents?

His DOB is assumed as around 1690 (http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g11/p11438.htm
). His "father" died March 13 1677 and his "mother", Lady Mary Elizabeth Gray, died in either 1658 or 1668 according to differing claims.

Until evidence is provided for his parents, is it possible to lock this profile?

Regards
Graham

5/18/2018 at 7:05 AM

I have locked the relationships on this profile, pending Sources.

Thank you for the heads up, Private User

5/18/2018 at 10:47 AM

Hi Sharon, all good and well, but there is still a problem in that you have not resolved the children, of which has been created with more than one set of parents due to you locking this profile before resolving a duplicate:

J.A (Andries)(Andreas) Grove (another husband of Anna Niel)

Could you please merge the 2 profiles and then lock?

Private User
5/18/2018 at 11:04 AM
5/18/2018 at 8:59 PM

Jette- what does it say?

5/18/2018 at 9:07 PM

Jan I unmerged it twice and locked relationships for Graham so parents couldn't be added again. Unfortunately we're still waiting for a single RL lock that doesn't involve the kids. Your assistance in sorting out which children should be removed would be valuable and doesn't requie criticism of me to start it going.

Remerging the two will cut all the relationships on the second profile - something those managers may not want

5/19/2018 at 2:31 AM

Private User

5/19/2018 at 4:10 AM

Sharon, we cannot leave the state of the tree as it is currently... for example my own line now goes through the rogue profile - while it should go through the MP PROG profile :)! There must be only one profile per person...

5/19/2018 at 12:01 PM

Jan - the tree has already been merged below, and I'm waiting to hear from the manager before we cut its lines. I think we can give them a week or two to weigh in about the parents.
Call me back here if you think enough time has passed.
Have you decided on the children you think apply?

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion