Started by Kevin Lawrence Hanit on Sunday, August 5, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts
1/16/2019 at 6:03 PM

John Dale Kessel,

Thanks and there's probably more that you could do to it.

2/7/2019 at 12:10 PM

Dr. Jim Cunningham Expanded the Unknown Profile tree - the Bishop / Paulk side.

Marisa Tomei’s Antonino D'Ignoti family was expanded by Chris Ferraiolo

I put up “starter” trees for some of the other guests this season, which need more work, so hop on:

Ann Curry , Lisa Ling ,Kal Penn, Tig Notaro

2/7/2019 at 12:57 PM

Just remember PBS tends to stream the episodes so you will be able to pause it so you can catch who's who. Same if you DVR it. It would just be easier if you have the page in a different tab while you work. Makes life SO much easier. =D

2/10/2019 at 7:19 AM

Yes, Chris, absolutely! I DVR every episode of all of the genealogical TV programs. As Erica noted, I was able to fill in Michael Strahan's maternal line to King John thru the secret (and then-illegal) romantic union between a Caucasian man and a African American woman, thanks to the entensive work by CeeCee Moore and the genealogical pros from Ancestry on FINDING YOUR ROOTS. Because of this, I was able to Connect to Michael Strahan; he's my 25th cousin - and thru THAT connection I found that Alicia Keys is my 17th cousin :)

And for anyone else who might be interested, one of the most unlikely places to glean genealogical data is thru all of the ghost hunting TV programs, typically on Travel Channel, like Ghost Adventures, Kindred Spirits, Dead Files, Ghost Hunters, etc. These shows usually begin with an entire segment of obscure but amazing history lessons about a place and the people who once lived there. I have actually discovered my connection to many people discussed on those shows that I never would have otherwise known about especially from the Old West and Victorian eras. Regardless of what you might think about the "supernatural" segments of the show, the historical research on these shows are legitimate and absolutely fascinating,

2/10/2019 at 10:42 AM

That’s a good tip!

2/14/2019 at 7:57 PM

Erica Howton Thanks! =)

Dr. Jim Cunningham, Those are some awesome connections. I found a connection to Mark Hamill on here. Now that was cool. Nerdy. But, I don't care! =D

And speaking of ghost hunter shows, you should check out Princess Caroline of the Mount Washington hotel in upstate NH. There's a story for ya!

2/15/2019 at 8:51 AM

Hey Chris, I'm connected to Mark Hamill, too! 20th Cousin.
That means you and I are connected. We're 10th cousins, we share the same grandparents: Ezekiel Worthen and Hannah (Martin) Worthen. Hannah's step mom was Susannah Martin Smith who was murdered in the Salem Witch Trials.

Did you check your relations to Carrie Fisher? She played Mark Hamill's sister, but in real life she was his 17th Cousin 2x Removed. I'm both her 12th Cousin AND her 15th Cousin 1x Removed thru different family lines that intersect.

Thanks for the tip about Princess Caroline (Caroline Salome Foster Stickney). Turns out, she's my 8th Cousin 4x Removed. She's your 11th cousin 3x removed; but you probably already knew that.
;)

2/17/2019 at 6:56 AM

LOL. I know who Carrie Fisher is. She was John Belushi's girlfriend in Blues Brothers. ;-)

I will check that connection out. As for you and me? You are my nephew's uncle's cousin's former roommate.

Or 10th cousin. Clearly you are coming over for Thanksgiving.

Off to check my relation with Carrie Fisher. Now if I had a connection with any of the Starflett captains or the Doctors my life would be complete. The trifecta of nerdy Scifi would be complete.

2/17/2019 at 10:31 AM

Wait, what?! I'm your nephew's uncle's cousin's former roommate?!
Who is your nephew's uncle's cousin? I'm dying to know!
:) :)

2/17/2019 at 11:17 AM

Dark Helmet?

Private User
2/17/2019 at 7:12 PM

They've gone into plaid...

Rick Moranis

,-)

2/18/2019 at 5:38 AM

So confused.
Is "dark helmet" a clue to who your nephew's uncle's cousin is that I'm a former roommate of?
I didn't know "former roommate" was a relationship option in profiles.
Well, let's see, I once rented a room in the home of a bunch of guys, and one of them named Eric rode a motorcycle and wore a black helmet. Is that who you mean?

2/18/2019 at 6:54 AM

Sure, James. Sure. =) And he once killed a man in Vegas just to watch him die.

Man, this thread is just killing time until the next Finding your Roots ep huh? Hahaha!

Thanks for posting Rick Moranis's profile!

2/18/2019 at 6:36 PM

Chris, this is going totally over my head. I'm honestly confused. Are you joking or serious? I was a roommate of someone who killed someone in Vegas? Who is this person?

Private User
2/18/2019 at 7:21 PM
2/18/2019 at 8:13 PM

Oh, now I get it, Spaceballs. Never saw it, but that clip was funny.

2/18/2019 at 8:19 PM

Thanks, P!

I wasn't sure how long I could have kept this up. Now you know, James.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat. So, who is going to be up for filling in the blanks for the next people? And did anyone work on the politicians from last week?

2/19/2019 at 4:09 AM

So, I didn't have a roommate that was related to you?

2/19/2019 at 11:20 AM

LOL. No. I commuted to college.

2/26/2019 at 7:48 PM

Very cool episode tonight. Michael Moore’s Ancestor: John Wattles

We need to fill in the in between.

2/26/2019 at 11:38 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot that was on. Good thing I DVR'd it.

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion