Profile of Pres. Donald J Trump (MP)

Started by Francois Cornelius Swart, i3j5 on Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 20 posts
1/29/2019 at 11:29 AM

A certain Gerhard Ludwig Fiedler ((No Name)) is posting negative photos and comments to Pres. Trump's (Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA) profile on a almost daily basis. I see he has been reported before, but it seems to me that nothing is being done about that.

Is geni.com now becoming a political hate site, or why is nothing being done? I have reported it to a curator as well, without any response.

Private User
1/29/2019 at 11:54 AM

I've untagged the photos.

Private User
1/29/2019 at 12:18 PM

Francois Cornelius Swart, i3j5 Have reported him too, nothing happens, it seems like many curators support him.

1/29/2019 at 12:41 PM

Reports route to Geni customer support, not to curators.

Private User
1/29/2019 at 1:03 PM

Hello! I am the curator for that profile and have raised this issue a few times. I will try to escalate it, because you're right -- this is not the place.

In the meantime, everyone should remember that aside from questions of taste, most of these images (especially political cartoons) snd copyrighted and therefore shouldn't be on Geni anyway.

Private User
1/30/2019 at 12:15 PM

I was just about to start a conversation about the same matter. A few days ago I reported his actions to our curator and based to his advice reported this Fiedler's pics (all of them) as inappropriate. But nothing seems to happen. He is allowed to post new "pictures" on a daily basis.

1/31/2019 at 7:43 AM

MORE "TRUMP Derangemment Syndrome"? TDS strikes again!

1/31/2019 at 8:44 AM

What I just simply don't understand is why Geni doesn't block this person. It is really ridiculous. Ashley Odell why can't a permanent solution not be found?

Private User
2/1/2019 at 12:04 PM

Hi, everyone. The issue has been reported, and making inflammatory comments here doesn't help. Let's perhaps leave this conversation alone for now while Geni does their work, and I (or a Geni staff member) can report back later. Thanks again for helping keep an eye on our Geni tree.

Private User
2/6/2019 at 1:19 AM

Since I promised to reply once I heard back from CS, I can confirm that they've addressed the situation. If there are any future issues with images or other content on this profile, please feel free to directly let me know. Thanks!

2/8/2019 at 4:14 PM

Thank you for your trouble Ashley. Much appreciated!

Regards

Private User
2/16/2019 at 2:24 AM

Is Donald Trumps profile right now ?????

Private User
2/16/2019 at 3:27 AM

Private User, can you elaborate on what you mean? I am not seeing any problems with it right now.

Private User
2/16/2019 at 6:48 AM

because his profile has changed so much over the last year ... first he was related then not then again he was then again not .... NOT that I want to be related to this man .. but you just need things to remain stable when trying to do your tree...... so thats what I meant Ashley ..... i see we are distant cousins .. hi welcome to my family xo

Private User
2/16/2019 at 6:58 AM

Relationship paths are not updated dynamically as you view them. Paths are cached based on other viewers. Often you may have to refresh the path to have it search and present the most direct route at the moment.

Private User
2/16/2019 at 7:02 AM

Colleen meant "correct" when she wrote "right".

In my humble opinion, it is not correct because his name should be "Drumpft". If you had seen Wikipedia a few years ago, it had "Frederich Drumpft".

Half our genealogy problem is the name recognition. Names were based on phonetic spelling and half guess of complicated pronunciations. It is an "opinion" if you think "Drumpft" is a degrading attitude. It is Truth when you say the name correct, though.

In all this, the only blessing to the Drumpft Tragedy, is that America now understands Narcissism, and how narcissists gaslight by creating "alternative facts" (aka lies).

Private User
2/16/2019 at 8:53 AM

His German ancestors used that particular spelling, but Donald has never used that spelling, nor his father. I think it was the birthname of his grandfather Frederich and the name was anglicized, like many immigrants, when they moved to the United States. In any case, we can blame John Oliver for the name shame perception of Drumpf.

2/16/2019 at 1:06 PM

Actually there was an article that went back to the ancestral village and looked for all the Trumps. Plenty of spelling variations — but no Drumpf. It’s disproved as an urban legend at this point.

The genealogy on his Scots side is still a work in progress. Apparently a confusion of McLeods on the Isle of Skye. So what we might have seen a couple of years ago as paths are no longer there, and in theory, will change again as more information is reported back by the presidential genealogists based on research in Scotland. In fact someone should check American Ancestors / Gary Boyd & see if there’s been any new news.

Private User
2/16/2019 at 5:30 PM

>>>> "In fact someone should check American Ancestors / Gary Boyd & see if there’s been any new news."

I've been keeping an eye on it and haven't seen anything.

2/16/2019 at 5:42 PM

Thanks Private User !

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion