Started by Randy Schoenberg on Monday, July 8, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-100 of 100 posts
Private User
2/9/2020 at 4:48 PM

1. grandson of hajashish - means that was his grandfather, very old, probably alive still. הישיש

2. Even if you think Slawes was a mistake, you should at least include that name at in:
ALSO KNOWN AS, when editing the profiles of Wolf and Nissel.
That is so that people looking for them by that name, can find them. (i.e. Heller relatives reading Megilat Eiva).
I also feel that the ABOUT sections should explain clearly your doubts about the names in doubt. (lets say in 50 years from now).

Private User
2/12/2020 at 4:39 PM

Randy Schoenberg

" parnas and gowe (I think that is what PvG is)"

I think it actually says (פ"נ (פה נטמן - PN - "here lies"

2/16/2020 at 1:05 PM

I am working up an article based on this discussion. It is still a work-in-progress, so I welcome any comments or corrections. http://schoenblog.com/?p=1880

Private User
2/16/2020 at 4:37 PM

Thanks Randy,
This is a very good idea.
I will try to read it carefully in the coming few days.
Bella

2/19/2020 at 10:35 PM

I read the blog quickly and will read it more carefully over the weekend. An interesting mystery.

2/20/2020 at 5:21 AM

Had to make the blog private. It will be published in Avotaynu.

2/20/2020 at 12:13 PM

You can send it to me on my regular email if you want any feedback.

Private User
2/20/2020 at 5:28 PM

Randy,
Could not re-read the article due to mistake sign, so will have to wait till it is published, for the real reading.
Enjoy AVOTAYNU.
Bella

2/21/2020 at 2:18 AM

Try now with password "Slawes" . http://schoenblog.com/?p=1880

Private User
2/21/2020 at 8:25 PM

Dear Randy,
The password worked and I just re-read the article. Good work.
Remark:
the word מחותן perhaps appears twice in the German version. But in the Hebrew version the second time says: וחתני which is: and my son-in-law.
Suggestions:
I think the article should include perhaps in the end, 2 tables: one with all the NISSELs, and the second table with all the names of the article's WOLFs.
GENI:
1. As I suggested before, I think the article should appear in NISSEL's profile in GENI, in the ABOUT section. This as well as a document there.
2. I also think that Nissel's profile should include under: ALSO KNOWN AS, the family name Slawes, in English and its Hebrew letters סלאוויס. This will enable relatives and future relatives to find the profile in GENI. Right now the Slawes name is not in Nissel's profile at all.
3. I would be happy to see the name SLAWES never-the-less among Nissel's family names. I don't mind if it would be written like this: [Slawes] and [סלאוויס]. Or even including a question mark.
All the best,
Bella Doron
Belonging to the Heller family.

Showing 91-100 of 100 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion