William Elijah Seaman - Middle name? @WilliamElijahSeaman

Started by Tracey (Zediker) Dysert on Friday, January 17, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
1/17/2020 at 9:05 PM

How was this found? I am curious and would like to know, please.

I belong to the Daughter's of the American Revolution as a direct descendant of William Seaman and in all the books and on all the documents, their hasn't been any middle name or intial written. Documents with direct descendant have been proven by only 2 ladies for the DAR and I am one. I ran into this name being so common that it has been past down for over 200 years!
I have found that he was a Captain of an 8- four horse Brigade as a Wagon Master and recently found something with saying so. Any documentation I have come across for this William Seaman, he does not have a middle name. I have a book written in 1957 with the family history of the Seaman, Hunt and Wright families. There is no middle name mentioned. Also, he was married twice but Rachael wasn't one of them. Amy and Margaret are. They have been proven too.

Private User
1/18/2020 at 1:45 AM

You got it through this merge: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=70532939640

May be Private User can show a source. I could not find any.

Private User
1/18/2020 at 10:45 AM

I am not sure where the middle name Elijah came from through this profile merge. Since there is no clear source, I have deleted it from his profile.

I also agree that sources such as the Seaman, Hunt, Wright Genealogy indicate William's second wife was Margaret _________ rather than Rachel Disberry (alternative to Disbrow). Rachel was added by Maria Edmonds-Zediker, curated by Ben M. Angel, so perhaps they can comment on a source for her.

Private User
1/18/2020 at 10:47 AM
1/29/2020 at 2:11 AM

Thank you both. Maria is married to a cousin of mine. I will message her and ask. I see you uploaded a few ot the pages from the Seaman, Hunt, Wright family Genealogy, Tom. I have 70 pages of the family history. I'm still working on half the book.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion