Raca Knobloch (N.N.) - Bertha Knoblauch

Started by Sheila Riekert on Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
2/12/2020 at 5:02 AM

Hi, I am interested to know a bit more about this lady. Her name appears on my great great great grandfathers birth certificate registered in Poland in October 1829. I believe she lived in a small village on a farm and also looked after him as a child. I wonder if this is the same Bertha Knoblauch.?

Thanks and regards,
Sheila Riekert

2/12/2020 at 8:33 PM

Greetings.

The pictured Raca Knobloch (maiden name unknown), was my paternal great great grandmother; married to Shraga Josef Knobloch. ("Shraga" translates, from Polish, to "Philip".) Shraga Josef and Raca seem to have lived in Tarnow, now, Poland.

My grandfather was Philip (Zalman) Knoblauch, born in Sukmanie (now Poland, maybe 13 km southwest of Tarnow) in 1884. We believe the Sukmanie address was a horse farm that belonged to Philip's parents , Shraga (Simon) Knoblauch and wife Bincha (nee, Hollander).

It seems that three of their daughters called themself "Bertha"; one became Bertha Finder (married to Dovid Finder in Tarnow) ; another became Bertha (aka Balcha) Fisch married in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.

What was the name of the village on the birth certificate you have?

What was the last name on your great great great grandfather's certificate?

Is there any indication that the son was a Kohen? The Knobloch/Knoblauch family are Kohen.

I would think that "Raca" would translate to "Rose", but, I could be mistaken.

There certainly were many children in the Knobloch/Knoblach line with the name of "Bertha". From where do you get your "Bertha" reference?

I looked at Geni's idea of the link between you and me; and I came up with a very distant (but interesting) line:

You

Sidney George Knoblauch
your father

Philip (Zalman) Knoblauch
his father

Morris (Moshe) Knoblauch
his brother

Ruth Balis
his daughter

Barbara Frank
her daughter

Leonard Frank
her husband

Rose (Rasha) Frank
his mother

Mary (Chana Merka) Rabben
her sister

<private> Meyer (Rabben)
her daughter

<private> Meyer
her husband

Brian de la Harpe Meyer
his father

Hilda Violet Meyer, b9c13
his mother

Mauritz Christiaan Wilhelm Egmond van Buuren, b9
her father

Elizabeth Josina Maria Van Buuren
his mother

Elisabeth Scholtz, b1c2
her mother

Johanna de Waal, b6
her mother

Cornelis de Waal, b3
her brother

Hendrik Pieter de Waal, B3c8
his son

Catharina Elizabeth De Waal d2
his daughter

Cornelis Ernestus Hendrik Doyle
her son

Susannah Doyle
his wife

John Randall
her brother

Louis Hayward Randall
his son

Louisa Maude van Rensburg
his daughter

Norman Barry
her son

Sheila Riekert
his daughter

Geni is frequently wrong about choosing the shortest path between relatives; but Geni doesseem always to provide some interesting insights. The inclusion of some de Waal family is interesting, especially if they ( in the Geni lineage) are related to Edmund de Waal, who wrote the Hare with The Amber eyes.

If you wish to provide a little more info. , I would be happy to ask around the family for additional insights.

Cheers,
Joel Knoblauch

2/12/2020 at 8:52 PM

For your info.; according to Geni:

Maurice Ephrussi is Sir Henry de Waal, QC's second great uncle.

Maurice Ephrussi was husband of Béatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild.

Béatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild.was daughter of Mayer Alphonse James Rothschild and Leonora de Rothschild.

All this is to suggest that you may be , so to speak, "fishing in the correct pond", even if we aren't certain exactly how the fish are related to each other.

There is a "Knoblauch/Knobloch" discussion group on Geni; with some outstanding researcher cousins, including one from South Africa. You might want to join that discussion group.

Cheers,
Joel

2/12/2020 at 9:15 PM

Dear Sheila,

In case it is helpful, I think the following link will connect you to the Knoblauch/Knobloch discussion group:

https://www.geni.com/projects/Jewish-Families-Named-Knoblauch-Knobl...

There are some knowledgeable genealogist cousins that don't participate on Geni, too.

Cheers,
Joel

yesterday at 10:15 AM

Dear Sheila,

If you would like to hire a Polish researcher to help you with research, I understand that Adam Zalewski at Genealogy Tour has been helping (some family members) to research the Knobloch/Knoblauch family living near Krakw/Tarnow. See:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/genealogy.tour/

http://genealogytour.com/

In my contact with Adam, he seemed very professional. I believe he has a university degree that supports his genealogy research. I was introduced to Adam through friends of mine who emigrated from Breslau, Poland to Reading, Pennsylvania, USA in the 1980's.. Adam is their nephew.

Adam's email: a.zalewski@genealogytour.com

Cheers,
Joel

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion