Henry II "Curtmantle", king of England - Henry II "Curtmantle", King of England

Started by Dona Lorine Kimmons, Sr. on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 14 posts
6/24/2020 at 12:10 PM

King Henry II's wife is Queen Eleanor Plantagenet, my 23rd great-grandmother, her profile is still the correct profile showing the correct relationship.
Sincerely,
Dona Lorine Floyd Kimmons

6/24/2020 at 1:38 PM

Thank You For The Update Dona
Greg

6/24/2020 at 1:51 PM

Hi Dona and Edward. I am a descendant of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine, their 24th GGS through their son John, then Henry and lastly Edward 1st and his wife Eleanor of Castile and then through one of their daughters down to the family of Nathaniel Foote the Settler (1592-1644) and his wife Elizabeth Deming Foote Wells (1595-1683). If you would like a digital book about the Foote family, let me know on here or email billroe8740@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you in .pdf or Word.

Private User
6/24/2020 at 2:07 PM

Maybe I am confused but Eleanor Plantagenet (My 21 great aunt died at about age 4) and King Henry ll's wife Eleanor d'Aquitaine (my 23rd GGM) are two totally different people. Eleanor Plantagenet and https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003582502504.

Please explain if I am incorrect.

6/24/2020 at 3:23 PM

Henry II Curtmantle is also my 23rd greatgrandfather, In Geni, it happens that the system finds the shortest relationship. In other relationships I am thrilled to find that other people end up being managers of profiles of relatives I have added. When I ask the ones I know, they tell me they do not know why that has happened. It also happens that one of my great grandparents has a very antique and direct ascendance to the first kings of Asturias, when I revised that relationship I still was a descendant of those kings but, with a different, not direct line.That happens again beause the system finds shorter way to relate you. It would be very nice if curators could explain to us how the system works in detail. If you undrestand Spanish you will find this very interesting >>> http://www.archivosgenbriand.com/implexo.html

Private User
6/24/2020 at 3:26 PM

I would also like to question what is going on. Henry was showing as my 23rd Great Grandfather and Eleanor as my 23rd Great Grandmother. Henry is now listed as my 22nd Great Grandfather. Wish someone would explain how this happens..

Henry 11 Curtmantle and Eleanor are my 28th great grandparents. Good to see you all here.

6/25/2020 at 4:51 AM

To Sharon Templin:
You are correct, the profiles I mentioned refer to Eleanor d'Aquitaine, wife of King Henry II, both are my 23rd great--grandparents.Sorry for the confusion.

To Sandra, I am also working to correct these profiles, as someone has changed them. King Henry II and Queen Eleanor d'Aquitains are both my 23rd great-grandparents. There is another person woking to correct these profiles, and they are almost correct, but not yet, still working to correct them.

Private User
6/25/2020 at 5:14 AM

Aliénor, Reine de France et Angleterre is one of our many ancestors, through many different lines. When we go back for example -900 years, (assuming that there is a new generation every twenty-five years), that would be 36th generation. where each of us have 68,719,476,736 ancestors- Yes. A lot. Most of them are the same person.

If your generation is 23th, there still are 8,388,608 ancestors to choose. We can only imagine how many of our ancestor lines are missing from Geni, even though there are millions of profiles which is quite amazing.

Private User So yes, it is very normal that the lines can jump in Geni, from 23 to over 30 - showing the path through other ancestor. In many cases if there are not enough of generations, we can also assume the line is false or missing generations.

Private User
6/25/2020 at 5:15 AM

Geni shows the shortest path.

Private User
6/25/2020 at 11:04 PM

Hello all...!!! Stanley 'Allen' Flowers here! Henry II "Curtmantle", king of England is your 24th great grandfather. I am joining the conversation late, so bear with me while I catch up! Can anyone bring me up to date?

6/27/2020 at 4:10 AM

Someone has again changed the profile of King Henry II "Curtmantle" back to the wrong one. King Henry II "Curtmantle, Master Profile, Erica Howton, on May 29, 2020 was the corect profile and has been that way forever. Now, a Curator refreshed this profile, and it showed the correct on as it was on May 29, 2020, showing my Cornwall lines, and he is my 23rd great-grandfather. Now someone has gone back in and changed it again to read wrong. He is not my 3rd cousin 21 times removed, this is wrong, and a curator already refreshed it and corrected it as of yesterday, now someone has put the wrong blood relationship again to me. Whatever curator already reffreshed it and corrected it, please let me know, and refres it again to correct this, because it was correct yesterday after it was refreshed by a curator, showing my Cornwall lines, not ,my Rivers lines, which is wrong. Who keeps changing this to read wrong? How do you refresh a profile to read correctly? To the Curator who already corrected it yesterday, now today it is wrong, She followed my lines to King John Plantagenet, his son, and I have been DNA matched to Cornwall/Plantagenet,and the profile I am referring to King Henry II is my 23rd great-grandfather, please we need a curator again on this proiflle, as it is now wrong again, please correct it, and leave this profile alone as it was on May 29, 2020 and has been that way forevver.
Sincerely,
Dona Lorine Floyd Kimmons

6/27/2020 at 4:14 AM

I am not talking about Eleanor Plantagenet, I am talking about Eleanor d'Aquitaine, wife of King Henry II Plantagenet, my 23rd great grandmother. Both of them are my 23rd great-grandparents.
Sincerely,
Dona Lorine Kimmons

Private User
6/28/2020 at 12:26 AM

Dona Lorine Kimmons, is this the profile you are showing?

Eleanor d'Aquitaine, Queen Consort Of England is your 24th great grandmother.

Eleanor d'Aquitaine, Queen Consort Of England MP

French: Aliénor d'Aquitaine, Queen Consort Of England, Lithuanian: Eleonora Akvitanietė, Queen Consort Of England, Spanish: Leonor de Aquitania, Queen Consort Of England

Birth:
between 1122 and 1124
Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France

Death:
between March 31, 1204 and April 01, 1204 (79-82)
Poitiers, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France

Place of Burial:
Fontevraud L'Abbaye Royale, Fontevraud-l'Abbaye, Maine-et-Loire, Pays de la Loire, France

Immediate Family:

Daughter of William X, Duke of Aquitaine and Eleanor of Châtellerault, Duchess of Aquitaine
Wife of Louis VII le Jeune, roi de France and Henry II "Curtmantle", king of England
Mother of Marie Capet de France, comtesse de Champagne; Alice de France, Comtesse de Blois; William IX, count of Poitiers; Henry the Young King; Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony and 6 others
Sister of Petronilla d'Aquitaine and Guillaume d'Aquitaine

Added by:
Jean-Jacques Chacun on January 29, 2007

Managed by:
Steven Sibley and 670 others

Curated by:
Jason Scott Wills

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion