Joseph Isaacs - Did he marry Mary?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts

Did he marry Mary Creech Gabbard?
I am looking into the two different Y haplos showing on an Isaacs profile and one is coming from Joseph showing as father of Jim Isaacs

I found James and his wife Mirtie in FamilySearch with no parents. And I found Joseph in FS with a different wife--Mary Farmer. A FAG memorial attached to his profile there led me to this cemetery where there are Creech and Gabbard but no Mary Creech or Mary Gabbard or Mary Isaacs

I think is the correct FAG and cemetery. O
nly 539 memorials added but Farmer is there as well.

3/24/2021 at 1:31 PM

Hi Cynthia-
Joseph Isaacs is in my direct male line (confirmed, ftdna Isaacs Project). My great-grandfather James Creech is the son of Joseph Isaacs and Mary Ann Creech (maiden name). They did not marry. Mary Ann Creech married a Brandenberg, not a Gabbard, and I did not add this detail to her profile (and my records show a different date of death for her). Happy to correspond - my email is jcreech@tulanealumni.net

Kind regards - Jeff Creech

Jeffrey Lance Creech, I am adding and merging and I have come now upon a Jim and a James. The profiles do not appear to be the same person and I will ask a curator to unmerge them but the Isaacs profile has three men with Y111 showing R-M269 and then yours with the R-SRY267

It would appear there is a different line

Is there a curator to assist, please?

There is a Smart Match showing Brandenburg.
The rest are for Gabbard.
I think we have two families in a tangle

And there are Brandenburgs in this same cemetery

R-M269 becomes R-M167 on the migration.

The profile shows Mary Creech as wife of Joseph Isaacs which I changed to partner and it shows Mary Creech as wife of Hiram Gabbard

I will ask for an UNmerge of Jim from James and we can further correct this line

I come to this profile by way of my Isaacs cousin is why I am familiar

I have a DNA cousin with Creech and from Owsley and I see a marred into with Brewer.

Hiram Presley "Press" Gabbard is managed by Private User and the Geni user who added him in 2009 is no longer on Geni.

Erica Howton or Dan Cornett, are you available to assist?

Jeffrey Lance Creech, who do you have as parents and husband for Mary Creech in your records/personal tree?

Still waiting for that UNmerge.
In the meantime, I have been researching and tree building/puzzle solving:
Mary Ann Brandenburg (Creech) CANNOT be the SAME as Mary Ann Brandenburg (Creech)

And I still do not see a marriage record for Hiram Presley "Press" Gabbard

As I work, I am seeing curated profiles so I am hopeful "we" can get it resolved.

And https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79862719100 was a good merge because photo and info are the same but ONE of them needs disconnected from Henderson Isaacs.

3/24/2021 at 3:53 PM

Which profile needs undo merge?

Perhaps Jeffrey Lance Creech and James Oren Gabbard can add sources for their different Jim/James to help get them sorted.
There are apparently two different lines smushed together

I am trying top piece it together. Mary Ann Brandenburg (Creech) vs
Mary Ann Brandenburg (Creech)
and another daughter of same Creech Mary Branson

I think I have them fixed but am still awaiting an UNmerge.
The problem of two different Y haplos is resolved.
Just need the Geni user to add sources for who are the parents of Joseph Isaacs and who are the parents of Mary Creech
I have several Discussions out on other Creech profiles and have done a lot of merging.
Thank you for your patience.

I think I have them fixed but am still awaiting an UNmerge.
The problem of two different Y haplos is resolved.
Just need the Geni user to add sources for who are the parents of Joseph Isaacs and who are the parents of Mary Creech
I have several Discussions out on other Creech profiles and have done a lot of merging.
Thank you for your patience.

I mean to say which Joseph and which Mary for Private whose mother married Brandenburg

3/24/2021 at 7:52 PM

Thank you, Erica Howton!

3/26/2021 at 6:20 AM

Hi Cynthia - regarding Y haplogroup testing here: R-SRY2627 is downstream of M-269. This reflects greater testing specificity rather than a different line. All Isaacs descending from the immigrant Samuel Isaacs can be identified as downstream branches of R-SRY2627.

Jeffrey Lance Creech, I gave Mr Gabbard his correct wife and I found some sources for some. If the Jim Isaacs is the same as your JamesCreech, Isaacs DNA, then they should be merged but with notes and they should be documented as far as gathering their census and putting the story together.
Also, in the meantime, I have many merge requests out and Discussions started and messages to managers for CREECH profiles.
It takes time to get some of these lines and some we likely never will but DNA is so important for explaining what the paper trails does not. I wonder if there is a Bastardy bond for him. That would be very important.
Thank you for your patience and I hope I make the tree better as I work toward breaking some brick walls.

Jeffrey Lance Creech, can you post the link for Samuel?
If you connect to him per the FtDNA Isaacs Project, then you should be connected here because that is your proof.

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion