On December 25, 1988, I received a note. I never knew how to follow up.
Here is the out line :
Appayya Dikshithar (16th century )
Rajaguru to King of Arcot Sanskrit scholar
composed scientific texts: Kuvalayananda
considered as reincarnation of Adi Sankara
A. Sons ( Adayapalam ) See B below
Simha Appaiah Dikshithar
Meenakshi Vallabha Dikshithar
Mangashaya Venkata Subramanya
Appayya or Vinayaka
( Brother of Mannargudi Raju Sastrigal )
(Prime Minister to Thirumalai Naicker King of Madurai 17th century)
Other illustrious ancestors Lists
1. Swami Sivananda Divine Light Society
2. Rukmini Arundale Kalakshetra
3. Ganapathi Sastri Diwan Pudukkottai
4. Sri C P Ramaswami Iyer Diwan Travancore
5. F.G. Natesa Iyer Municipal Chairman Tiruchi
6. N. Thiagarajan Cine director Gemini Studios
7. Kalpalatha Thiagarajan Cine artist and director of Arts Montreal Canada
Any one can clarify or add to information / discussion thread / profiles.
In a book entitled Appayya Dikshithar by Swami Sivananda the author notes that he had two daughters - one was Mangalammal.
Also Neelakanta Dikshithar was the grandson of Appayya.
"Appayya had two daughters. Mangalamba, the younger daughter, was a great devotee of Lord Siva. Neelakanta was Appayya’s grandson."