I had suspected for a while that Hannah McCarty (Richardson)'s parents weren't Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan. I have found a few sources which show she wasn't. How can I fix this now that her profile has been merged with others with this exact lineage?
Notes for HANNAH RICHARDSON:
Parents maybe William Richardson,b. Sep.19,1702, Chelmsford, England, d. 1776 and Elizabeth Coburn
Some sources show Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan as parents of Hannah, who married Darby McCarty, per " Magna Charta Barons and their Descendants" by Charles H. Browning this is not true.
and on page 177 of "Marion in the Welsh Tract" Hannah is not listed as a child of Elizabeth Bevan and Joseph Richardson
If you have the pro "cut relationships" feature, and there are no outstanding mergers around her, you are supposed to be able to do this simply:
- Go to profile on tree
- Choose "Edit"
- Choose the "Relationships" tab
- Wait a long time for the relationships to fill in
- Pick her parents from the list of relations
- Hit "Remove"
Then you can drag the proper parents into the now-vacant spots.
There's another method that I don't think requires Pro:
- Create a new profile for her, with name and proper parents
- Merge this profile with her current profile. There's now a yellow triangle icon, indicating multiple parents.
- Resolve the conflict in favour of the parents you want.
Unfortunately, there are multiple profiles I've found where both methods fail - the first one because the parents aren't on the relationship list despite being shown on the tree; the second one because Geni says "Sorry, picking those parents would split the tree".