While working with merge request, I noticed issues with the following profile:
John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster
A profiler, maybe more than one, has given John of Gaunt three different fathers. If someone is interested in cleaning up this profile and the trees associated with it, his father was King Edward III of England.
I went to to three, but it is such a convoluted mess that I wouldn't know where to start to correct it.
I cleaned some of this up my un-merging several obviously wrong Johns.
Unfortunately, the way Geni merging currently works, it only takes one person to add an incorrect profile to a merge stack to plant the seeds for a giant mess with scores of wrong profiles merged together. This is because the Tree matches don't just show the main profile in the stack- it considers them as still being seperate. Once a wrong one sneaks in there, then people can start merging other profiles that match THAT OTHER profile- no longer comparing to the original/main one in the stack. That's why you'll often see lots of correct profiles in a stack, and then several wrong ones in a row (that match each other, but not the main profile), followed by several more correct ones.