For purposes of accuracy will those interested in the above person please check your facts and give the correct information. The following shows that some of your info is erroneous.
1. 1870 census --If you will check here for William C. McDonald you will see that he is married to Lydia (Painter) and they have two children, Elizabeth (b 1868).and Anne (b. 1870-listed as Sarah on census).
2. The CW pension questionaire that William C. made out verifies that he was first married to Lydia PAINTER, b. abt 1842 in PA d. abt 1873 in PA., dau. of James and Lydia PAINTER.
3. The Pension questionaire also states that Lydia PAINTER was not only the mother of Elizabeth, but also Anne (b.1870) and Wm. Jr. (b. 1872)
4. Wm. Jr's death certificate also states his mother was Lydia PAINTER.
5. The 1900 census shows that Mary and William had been married for 25 yrs, which indicates 1875, which is the year the couple had their first child, James Stewart McDonald.
Thanks for the attention and correction of the facts.
As I currently have no access to Ancestry (and therefore, no access to census records), I will have to ask you to add the sources you mentioned to the sources tab before I will change the details.
You can save the census records from ancestry by clicking on the image of the floppy (if I remember correctly)... this will allow you to save the image as a jpeg on your computer which you can then upload to geni.
Once uploaded to geni... you can use it as a source on Mary's profile.
Accuracy is, indeed, needed here on geni... but, without access to the sources you mention, I have no means of verifying your claims.
Once verified... I will be happy to change the details.
Jason P Herbert
I can understand where you are coming from in wanting to check sources before changing the information. I tried the directions you gave for Ancestry but couldn't get it to work, If I had your direct e-mail address I could send
some attachments. You could study them and then post if you wanted.
I have one page of the original 1870 census that has the left hand side of
the heading and names column showing William, Lydia, Elizabeth and Sarah (name used for Anna). Or, I also have one of the forms from Ancestry on which I have transcribed the census info. I can also send
the portion of William's Civil War questionaire that shows his first marriage to Lydia, her death, and his remarriage to (2nd) to Mary Stewart.
Let me know---Nancy firstname.lastname@example.org