• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
11/5/2010 at 7:43 AM

Who did Isabell really marry? Is she really the mother of Thomas Beeson? I am not certain Isabel belongs in this tree.

Our common ancestor Thomas Beeson was born in 1635.
The Isabell on this profile married a William Beeson and they were the parents of Thomas Beeson.
According to the Barkby Registers (see note on overview), an Isabell Jelly married a Thomas Besson in 1635. Barkby is in Leicestershire. Our Beesons are from Lancashire, about 145 miles away
A Thomas Beeson (1611-1679) settled in Maryland (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am...) but this Thomas has not been connected to this Beeson line. This Thomas married "Ann or Hestor Isabell Jelly or Caplin or Chaplin, " who might have been a widow.

I think this Isabel is the Isabell who married the Thomas who settled in Maryland. I do not believe she was the mother of the Thomas Beeson in this line. I would like to hear other opinions and to see other sources so we can be sure this line is correct.
Maria Edmonds-Zediker

Private User
11/5/2010 at 9:05 AM

Unfortunately, there are no dates for that Isabell to make a good decision. I think it's safe to leave a curator note on the top for now regarding parentage.

I've come across profiles before that had 2 possible sets of parents and while doing research both were really not documented, but "it is believed" or "said." So, what I've done is followed one line (the one with the most managers), and linked to the other in the About Me, with a Curator Note on top, saying both are possible parents, but we are following "this tree."

Private User
11/5/2010 at 9:47 AM

The usual problem -- no sources, no dates, nothing to go by. So frustrating! I will do a curator note. I will wait a few more days to see if I get any more responses.

Thanks for your input.

Private User
11/5/2010 at 11:13 AM

Awesome...if I find anything, I will let you know.

*goes on a Jelly hunt*

Private User
11/5/2010 at 11:23 AM

OK, this is what I found in a family tree on Isabell Jelly. I can't say it's right or wrong, but it makes more sense:

Isabell Jelly was first married to William BEESON.
They had a Thomas Beeson born 1634-1650

Isabell Jelly was married second to Thomas BESSON
They had
Thomas Beeson
1634 – 1650
Ann Besson
1646 – 1692

My guess is that William BEESON was out of the picture at some point in his young child's life and Thomas BESSON took over parentage early on. I think it's just a coinkydink that she married guys with similar last names...notice they are spelled different though.

Private User
11/5/2010 at 11:25 AM

Don't take my word for it though...it's just an idea.

Private User
11/5/2010 at 12:20 PM

I saw a web tree that also showed the spelling as Besson. Nothing on that tree was in synch with my Quaker Beesons.

I have also seen sites that claim the Beesons are really the descendants of the Bezon nobles that fought with William the Conquerer or from the Buisons, another Norman family. I haven't seen the path that proves it. May just be speculation.

Thanks for the Jelly hunt. You are the best!

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion